Spoilers : Ruve's POV - Execution

"Marquis, Don't you have anything to say ?"

Keiran knew that her daughter was imprisoned, but took no action. He continued to remain silent, even though the nobles stood up, saying the Aristia should be executed. Not only him, even his aides ( Duke Las and Verita ) who had to somehow try to save her, remained silent.

Ruve couldn't understand. Why Keiran has been silent the whole time, even though he could use "it" as Monique ( like "Parlement veto" ). Even he want, Ruve can't do anything about it anymore

So what makes him do that without taking any action?

Ruve wonder all the time what is going on. After all, on the day he summoned him, who had remained silent despite the continued questioning, only after a long time later Keiran opened his heavy mouthing.

"She is a sinner who tried to assassinate Your Majesty. Even if she were alive, we would never forget that dishonor will follow us forever. Honor is more important than life... I hope we don't live that way."

Honor is more important than life? You'd rather die than live? No wonder it was so quiet that even my faction wouldn't come forward for that reason? I'm sure she thinks so, but even so, she's a very strong woman.

Ruve keeping his mouth tight, he watched and let go with a sigh. He didn't want to talk to Keiran anymore.

" Damn it"

HIs Insomnia was accompanied by a sudden headache as it grew worse and worse. Ruve lay in bed with a sore head that seemed to be broken,but he never fell asleep. Aristia's face suddenly floated over his tightly closed eyes. She smiled faintly that day. He shakes his head and shakes it down, but her illusion doesn't go away easily. Her lips were soft, and her soft touch could not be forgotten.

Ruve lifted himself up, clutching his stiff chest. When he poured out a glass of wine by the bedside, the door opened with a loud noise. When he saw the tearful Jieun, he sighed, but he swallowed it silently

"I heard you got hurt a lot, are you okay? I was worried because you didn't look for her for a few days."

Although Jieun was not found after the incident at the palace, his confused mind seemed to lighten up a little when she faced him. Yes, I have her, The woman who worries about me , the woman who loves me so much.

***

"......behead."

Ruve look down to Aristia, who was kneeling and lowering her head. He couldn't see her expression because of her long silvery hair.

How would you look now? expressionless as usual? Or is it like the last time I saw you, burning hatred towards me? Or, do you like that now you can get away from me?

The laughter broke out. Ruve sick and tired of it. That's a very appropriate word. Every time she see him, she must have had enough.

Do you feel better? What a tough relationship you and I had. Are you happy to finally break the chain of ill-fated relationships that have been going on since then? Are you happy now that you don't have to be involved with me anymore?

The moment the executioner's axe went up high, Aristia, who had been shaking all along, stared at him. Ruve's heart suddenly sank at a completely unexpected appearance. She was not expressionless, she wasn't burning her hatred, The golden eyes, which looked just like Jeremiah were wet. Just like when Ruve saw her in the room the first day he embraced her.

Why are you crying?

Ruve put his hand on his heart, and muttered like a sigh.

It was the way you wanted, why? You said you didn't want a dishonor life.

Ruve hesitated, looking at the ax that was about to fall.

Can I really execute the queen? Wouldn't it be better to stop execution now?

That moment, Ruve was about to lift his arm and stop the execution, but Jieun closed his mouth with one hand, hung on him. He stopped at the heavy feeling that touched his shoulder.

Isn't she a woman who despised and hated me anyway? Now, will the execution be stopped?

Ruve clenched his fists and then released as he saw Aristia staring at him. He hold Jieun while turning away from her wet eyes.

Whoosh! The axe flew.

****

"It is said that Marquis of Monique decided to suicide"

Ruve nodded silently. He already guessing from the last time he saw Keiran. A little ahead of the date of his death, he is buried as the Marquess of the Empire.

The Duke of Verita, who had been silent all the time, said,

" Now I want to step down from the Chancellor's position"

The Duke of Lars then removed his shoulder strap from his uniform. He also said he would retire from politics. Their eyes burst into anger when they saw him.

What did he do so wrong? He only executed a traitor who dared to kill the emperor. In a surge of annoyance, Ruve nodded .

Yeah, everybody go away. You were all close associates of Her Majesty, and you weren't the ones who served me anyway.

- - - - - - - -

In 2nd timeline

Tia and Ruve found a scroll which contains the right to receive pardoning from any and all misdeeds, granted by the imperial family in the yaer 197. When Keiran said that he would take her away from the Palace, he was planing to use this. I guess the reason why he didn't use it in the end was because he truly believed that Tia would rather die then lived a dishonoured life. When she was accused of treason, even if she had gotten away, she would still be stigmatised and disgraced.
He probably felt like a failure of a father, only coming to realised the way she felt when it was too late. I think he always regreted not intervening sooner despite witnessing Tia living a hellish life. That's why he committed a suicide after she was beheaded.

Anyway, Ruve was bit freaked out when he saw this. He legit got scared that Tia might still use this to get away from him (in the 2nd lifetime). Like someone already mentioned, dude is now super paranoid and afraid that he would lose Tia at any moment. He made her swear to stay by his side just to feel reassured. I'd say he deserves it... to live in constantly fear and anxiety. This soothes my angered heart since I never felt like I got a closure from the 1st time line