Chapter 20

The band and Phoenix stood outside of a Starbucks and waited for Michael. They decided that Michael would perform his stunt the next morning.

Phoenix looked around and found someone. She pointed to the girl with dark brown hair and glasses walking towards the Starbucks.

"Go ahead Clifford," She smirked.

Michael took a deep breath as he started towards the girl. He wasn't exactly confident but he kept going.

He stopped the girl and before she could even say anything he gave her his number and smashed his lips onto hers.

They actually made out for a minute or two before she pushed him off her and slapped him.

He walked back rubbing his face. But he looked really surprised. She was still staring at him as he walked back.

"She, was a good kisser." Michael breathed.

"Well you proved it," Calum laughed as he put his arms around Phoenix.

"Yeah see, I don't play around in truth or dare,"

"Calm your tits Clifford," She joked.

Jokingly, Michael grabbed his chest as if he had boobs and looked shocked.

"They can't be calmed!" He shouted.

The group walked into Starbucks for some coffee. Michael and Luke went to order while Calum, Phoenix and Ashton grabbed a table.

What they didn't notice, was that a hit man was actually working behind the counter. He was ready to slip the drug into Phoenix's drink just as Callie instructed.

He poured the powder in with the sugar to disguise it. He stirred it in and handed it to Luke. He smiled at the man and walked back to the table and handed Phoenix her drink.

"Thanks Luke," She took the drink and took a sip.

"Mmmmmm," she mumbled.

"Do you like it?" Cal laughed.

She was about to nod when her head began to spin. She grabbed the table to steady herself.

"You okay?" Calum asked.

Phoenix shook her head as her vision became blurry. And she blacked out, slumping against her chair.

"Nix? Babe,"Calum shook Phoenix. She wasn't getting up. Calum yelled for the other boys. Ashton pulled out his phone and called for paramedics.

Calum picked up Phoenix bridal style and carried her outside. Paramedics were arriving. He put her on a gurney and they loaded her into the ambulance.

He tried to climb in with them, but the paramedics pushed him out.

"I'm her boyfriend! Let me go with her!" He shouted. Tears were pricking in his eyes as they closed the doors.

Luke grabbed him and brought him to the SUV. "We'll be right behind her,"

Calum nodded as they followed the ambulance up to the hospital. His legs wouldn't stop shaking as he waited for them to reach the hospital.

Once they arrived, they immediately pulled her into the ICU and wouldn't tell anyone what was going on.

Calum stood in the waiting room and paced back and forth. He wasn't going to lose the woman he loves again.