Chapter 4

Calum waited. That's all he could do. He waited. He didn't know what he was going to say to Callie when she woke up, if she woke up.

He wouldn't leave the room. He would pave back and forth. Or he would be seated next to the bed gripping her hand tightly. The droning noise of the heart monitor beeping in the background as he softly sang to her.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about the stupid little things. Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to to you and the memories I never can escape." Tears began to spill out of his eyes as he sang the last line.

"C'mon Callie," he whispered. "You're stronger than this. Please, I love you." He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed her knuckles. "Please, you are my life, I would rather lose all the fame than you, I can't live without you. I don't know what I'd do without you. I'd rather run across the country than to lose you. I will crawl to the ends of the earth than lose you. I CANT LOSE YOU!" He sobbed.

He laid there his head in the bed. Not wanting to move. He wasn't going to give up on her. "What am I going to do?" He asked tears running down his face.

He soon drifted off to sleep.

"Calum?" She asked weakly. His head shot up. "Callie?" He looked up and saw those beautiful green eyes he always loved. "Oh my gosh!" He cupped her face as he smashed his lips to hers. "Babe, why did you try that?" Her eyes went down to the floor. "Please, I could have helped you." Callie shook her head. "I just couldn't handle it." She whispered. Tears beginning to fall down her face. "Please, I love you too much." Callie began disappearing slowly. "No! Callie don't go!"

There was a ringing in his ears.

He soon realized it wasn't a ringing in his ears. His head shot up.

It was the heart monitor.