Chapter 13

Phoenix and Calum continued walking down the street in the late night together. They soon came to a small park and decided to take a walk there.

They walked up the path, hands intertwined. They were silent. It was a comfortable silence.

"I feel like I should say something." Calum interrupted the silence.

"It's alright, you don't have to say anything."

"No, I feel like I need to say something." Calum said.

"Well what is it?"

"I don't know,"

"Then why are you saying you want to say something?" She chuckled.

Calum shook his head as he stopped walking. Phoenix stopped with him. "Are you alright?"

"Do you think that someone could fall in love so quickly after losing someone you loved?"

Phoenix was shocked. "It depends on how much you loved that person. For me, it's been 5 years."

"I feel something between us unlike anything I've felt before."

"Me too," Phoenix whispered.
"Phoenix," Calum breathed. His face centimeters from hers. "This has been the craziest three months of my life. I had gone from being a gloomy sad depressed guy, to being extremely happy."

"Calum, I'm happy for you."

""Wait, you are beautiful. You are kind, willing to help anyone, putting their needs before yours. Your independent and you don't let anyone get in your way, and I love that about you. I haven't met anyone like you...Phoenix, I love you."

She stood there silent. She was unsure of what to say. She didn't know if she loved him or not. She still hurt from her first love being taken away from her so cruelly.

"Say something, anything." Calum pleaded.

"I-I..."

"Nix, please,"

Tears welled up in her eyes. "I only loved one person in my life. That was my fiancé. Derek, was my first love. I haven't healed from that."

"Nix, it's okay."

She shook her head, the tears were streaming down her face. "I can't," She said.

She backed up from him, not being able to look at his face. She did not want to see the hurt look on his face. "I'm sorry Calum," She turned on her heels and began walking away from him.

He followed her back to the bus. He grabbed her wrist. "Phoenix,"

"No Calum! Just stop! I can't do this!"

She ripped her hand from his and went inside the bus. She stepped over the sleeping boys as she went to her bunk.

After she was sure everyone was asleep she grabbed her suitcase and snuck out. She took a cab to the airport.

"One ticket to LAX," She told the woman at the desk.

The woman gave her a sympathetic smile as she handed her the ticket. She walked through security and went to her gate.

Soon after her plane was called for boarding. She knew this was the best for her. She couldn't do this. It was too soon.