Chapter 16

The car ride was silent as they drove back to the airport. It was a comfortable silence and neither one was worried about it. They soon arrived at the airport, ready to board the flight that management had booked. It was a private jet, they wouldn't have to worry about being spotted.

"What do they guys think?" Phoenix asked once they were settled on the plane.

"They know the truth, you were afraid."

"Well, I just don't want them thinking I left you."

"These ar emy best mates your talking about, I know them better than anyone."

"I know,"

"It's late, why don'tbwe get some sleep. The plane ride is kinda long,"

Phoenix nodded as Calum laid down on the couch and brought Phoenix up next to him. She curled her body into Calum's chest as he wrapped his arms around her. He kissed the top of her head.

"Good night," he whispered.

Phoenix was already fast asleep. He held her close, he didn't want to lose her again. He could see himself marrying her and spending the rest of his life with her. But, he didn't want to push her to far like before.

Calum began imagining his future with Phoenix. He imagined their marriage, their kids, and them growing old together. He didn't want to lose her ever again.

Once they landed, their was no one at the airport. The entire building was dark as if it was closed.

"Where is everyone?" Phoenix asked.

"I don't know, but stay close to me."

Phoenix grabbed Calum's hand as they entered the building. They had know way to call anyone. Both their phones were dead.

They walked down the hall until they found a janitor's closet. There they found a flashlight. They continued walking trying to find their way out, but all the doors were locked.

"Calum, what is going on?" Phoenix's voice trembled as they continued trying to get out.

"I don't know, we'll be okay." He assured her.

Suddenly, the lights turned on. They looked around unsure of what was going on. They heard footsteps drawing near. The footsteps became louder and louder. Suddenly, they stopped right behind them. Neither one turned around. They were afraid to.

"Calum,"

It wasn't Phoenix, that was a voice he thought he would never hear again.

"Turn around,"

He turned and there she stood.

"Callie?!"