Thirty Two

Location: Classified
Time: 8:23 pm

Taehyung pulled the duvet over his head, biting his lower lip in an attempt to suppress the giggles from coming out of his lips.

He's feeling good.

Scratch that.

He's feeling absolutely high above the cloud nine.

He tossed and turned on the bed, feeling butterflies in his stomach as he kept on repeating the scenario earlier in his mind.

The cause of his euphoria.

After the kiss, Jungkook silently drove the car back to his house. They didn't say a word which only made Taehyung anxious.

He was fidgeting on his seat, playing with his fingers as he tried to think of what to say if he finally gets the chance.

As soon as they entered the house with no one still breaking the ice, Taehyung finally decided that it's enough.

"So, is it another mistake again?" Taehyung asked, sarcasm laced in his voice as the ravenette stopped to stare at him.

"What?" Jungkook asked, closing the door behind.

"The kiss back in the car. Was it another mistake for you?" Taehyung repeated, folding his arms in front of his chest as he waited for the ravenette's response.

Jungkook just looked at him for a long while, unbelieving his question. He shakes his head, passing through the doctor who eyed his every movement.

"Get a rest." Jungkook said instead, to Taehyung's dismay.

The ravenette slumped on the couch, closing his eyes, feeling tired and drained.

Taehyung stood in front of him, not wanting to let go of the topic.

"So I guess it is, huh?" Taehyung uttered, making Jungkook groan.

He saw him open his eyes, looking so troubled as he spoke.

"Do I really have to say it? I thought I made myself clear with the kiss." Jungkook muttered in a restrained voice.

Taehyung bit his lip, not wanting to smile, seeing the latter look away. There's an uneasiness in the way the ravenette subconsciously massaged his nape, doing his best not to look at him.

He looks shy, and it makes the doctor giggle internally.

He's making him shy.

Wow.

"You have to tell me everything in words, Jungkook. How will I understand if you're not going to say anything?" He pressed, loving the reaction he's getting from the other.

He wants to hear it from him. He wants affirmation and not another baseless assumption.

Taehyung would do anything to hear it from the ravenette himself.

He knows Jungkook is not good when it comes to words, however, right now, Taehyung needs to hear him speak up.

"You can't always make me guess everytime you do something... way over the line." Taehyung uttered in a whisper.

"Fine.." Jungkook sighed, finally looking him in the eye. He reached for his hand, holding him with utmost tenderness with a hint of uncertainty.

"Let's make this work.." He uttered, gaze piercing the doctor on where he stood.

His thumb subconsciously grazed on the doctor's knuckles, sending him to overdrive.

Taehyung's heart was beating incredibly loud in his chest as he held the ravenette's stare for a long while. The warmth coming from his hand is not helping him think clearly.

"Whatever we have...right now...Let's - let's make it work." Jungkook looked him in the eye, his gaze holding sincerity and promise.

Jungkook looked at him expectantly, feeling a bit anxious about his silence.

"Well.. If that's what you want too.." Jungkook looked down, uncertain.

"I mean...it's not that I'm forcing you or anything.. It's still--"

The ravenette's words were drowned in a sudden touch of their lips as the doctor throws himself on his lap, kissing him desperately.

His touch made Jungkook groan as he responded with the same fervor, pulling Taehyung's body in his own.

They were all over each other, full of desperation and longing. Both of them poured all their emotions in that kiss before slowly moving away, breathing ragged.

Taehyung stared at him in the eye, the glint in those brown orbs tells Jungkook of what he felt.

His smile warms Jungkook's heart, promising to himself that he'll make sure to see that kind of smile from him as often as he could.

"I want it.." Taehyung whispered, leaning his forehead on the ravenette.

"I also want to make it work." He added, cupping Jungkook's face in his hands.

Taehyung squealed, feeling like a teenager as he continued to toss and turn on the bed at the memory.

Finally.

Jungkook is willing to try it out with him. He's willing to risk it all with him.

He squealed once more, this time on the pillow as he tried to calm himself.

Now, he doesn't know if he'll be able to sleep, considering the giddiness he feels inside of him.

Inside the secret room, Jungkook had been staring at the monitor for quite a while now, shaking his head at the sight of the doctor stirring aimlessly on the bed.

He's unaware of the smile on his lips, looking like a lovesick fool.

Jungkook pushed away all his inhibitions when he decided to let his feelings take over him earlier.

He let himself be dictated by the strong emotions knocking on his door, abandoning all reasons.

The ravenette knows he's risking everything right now.

And it scares him.

Not for himself but for the doctor.

His fears had always been about him.

Only him.

He had wanted to push him away for his own good, thinking it's the best for the both of them.

However, it backfired.

If Taehyung didn't pull that stunt earlier of leaving on his own, Jungkook wouldn't realize what he's actually letting himself go all this time.

Pushing Taehyung away doesn't keep him safe.

It only endangers him even more.

And Jungkook couldn't handle that. He'd rather surrender to his emotions than lose Taehyung.

Though he knows it's foolish, he's willing to try it out with him.

For the first time in his life, he's taking a step forward and wanting to try his luck on what everyone calls as "love".

Jungkook stared at the monitor, seeing the doctor finally stop from moving around.

He smiled, feeling a warmth spreading off his chest as he reached out his finger, caressing the latter's figure.

"Goodnight, doctor."

------

Love you 💜