Twenty One

Location: Classified
Time: 9:49 pm

"Doctor.."

Taehyung felt a tap on his shoulder, making him abruptly open his eyes. He saw Jungkook standing on the side of his bed, freshly bathed, looking like he's about to go out.

The doctor quickly rubbed his eyes before sitting on the bed. "H-hey.." He said, voice deep from sleep. He anxiously wiped his mouth, wanting to make sure he didn't drool when he's sleeping.

"I didn't want to wake you up, but I had an urgent call from my partner.." Jungkook checked his watch, before looking at him in the eye. "I don't know when I'll be back. I made sure everything's locked up, but still, double check it once I'm out, do you understand?" He reminded, his voice cautious and firm.

Taehyung nodded his head. "Okay.." He muttered, blinking at Jungkook. If he had a call from his partner, does it have something to do with his case?

"What will you do if someone tried to enter the house when I'm gone?" Jungkook asked, wanting to make sure he'll do the right thing.

Taehyung blinks a couple of times, trying to think clearly. "I won't open up and call you right away."

"Good." The ravenette stared back at him before continuing, "There's food in the fridge now. I hope you know how to cook on your own, yeah?" He awkwardly uttered, scratching the back of his head.

Taehyung smiled a little. "Yes. No need to worry about me. I can handle myself." He said, suddenly halting at his own words. "Oh.. I mean.. I'm not saying you're worrying about me. I was just-"

"I'm worrying about you." Jungkook cuts him off, making Taehyung stop.

They stared at each other for a long while, Jungkook looking like someone who just understood what he just said.

"I mean.. you're my client after all." He added quickly.

"Of course." Taehyung responded in an instant.

Another awkward silence befell in between them. Taehyung couldn't take it anymore,thankfully, Jungkook decided to go.

"I'll be going now." He said in a low voice.

To Taehyung's utter shock, Jungkook leaned in, planting a soft kiss on his forehead.

The moment Jungkook's lips touched his skin, Taehyung could feel his heart pounding off his chest, his eyes widening in shock.

It was... soft.

Jungkook slowly pulled away, their eyes meeting in a fleeting moment of uncertainty.

Taehyung held his breath, seeing Jungkook's deep charcoal eyes staring at him as if he's staring at his soul.

A loud ringing of Jungkook's phone broke the spell between them. The ravenette quickly pulled away as if he's burned from the touch.

His eyes are wide, unbelieving what he just did. "Um. I better go." He mumbled, turning away without another look.

The moment the door closes, Taehyung immediately placed a hand on his forehead, still feeling the warmth of Jungkook's lips on his skin.

It felt good.

--------

Jungkook parked his car in front of Yoongi's house. He swiftly went out and proceeded in knocking at his friend's door.

A couple of knocks and Yoongi opened up.

"Hey, get your ass in here." the older muttered, letting him enter the house.