Twenty

Location: Pyeongchang-dong, Seoul, Korea
Time: 11:56 pm

"No... Tae!"

Jimin gasped, his eyes fluttering open, his breathing ragged as he sat atop his bed. He could feel his heart beating out of his chest, his sweat forming in his forehead, realizing that he just had another nightmare.

And in his nightmare, he saw how Taehyung was set on fire. He saw how he begged for him to be saved.

But he couldn't.

The blonde sobbed, feeling so alone and hurt. It's been two weeks since Taehyung was cremated. During those times, Jimin felt like in hell to lose his best friend.

He forced himself to stand and went down the kitchen to have a drink and calm himself.

Jimin took a glass and filled it with water from the fridge. He had a sip or two, but he felt like his whole body turns into jelly.

He's feeling so out of it as he took his seat, knocking off the glass of water in hand, making a loud crashing sound.

The blonde heard footsteps afterwards, coming to his direction. In less than a minute, he saw Jin's concerned face.

"Hey. What happened here?" Jin asked, seeing the water and broken glass on the floor.

Jimin covered his face. "Sorry. Did I wake you up?" He forced an apologetic smile.

The older shakes his head. "It's fine. I couldn't sleep much."

Jin had been staying with Jimin for the past two weeks. He couldn't get back to Canada, not until his cousin's case has been solved.

Jin went to get a broom and sweep the broken glasses on the floor, all the while instructing Jimin not to place his feet down.

He quickly looked for a rug and wiped off the water, before seating opposite to Jimin who looked so tired and helpless.

"Are you okay? You can tell me what happened." Jin softly said, caressing the younger's back.

Jimin finally broke down. "I-I miss Taehyung." He cried out, feeling bad about himself and everything that has happened to his friend.

He feels like he could've done something to help him. If only he did everything in his power, maybe Taehyung will still be alive.

"I feel bad, hyung. I want to give justice to what happened to him, but up until now, the killer is out there living a life while Taehyung.. my Taehyung.." Jimin bursts into tears.

Jin also started crying, feeling the pain Jimin has been feeling. "I know, Chim. I know." He murmurs, caressing his temple to comfort him.

"Why haven't anyone caught that fucker yet? Are they even doing their job right?!" Jimin bursts in anger, his tears cascading down his pained face.

"Let's go to the police station tomorrow. Okay? Let's check on the updates with Officer Kim." Jin said, wiping Jimin's tears. "For now, it's better for you to have a good rest, okay sweetie?"

Jimin nodded his head. He felt Jin's arm supporting him to stand. He lead him back to his room, tucking him under the sheet.

"Rest well, Chim. And please, don't feel like it's your fault. We'll get that killer and finally give justice to our Tae." Jin assured, placing a tender kiss in his forehead.

The older closed the door and went to his own room, leaving Jimin who tried his best to fight away his nightmares.

--------