Twenty Six

Location: Classified
Time: 11:51 pm

The house was enveloped in silence when Jungkook finally returned. He saw the living room empty which made him sigh in relief.

He wasn't planning on returning that night, however, he's feeling uneasy to leave the doctor alone after what had happened earlier.

The ravenette silently made his way to the kitchen, careful not to make any sound. His movements were halted as soon as he saw the kitchen counter, memories of what transpired flash in his mind.

He sighed, remembering the hurt expression in the doctor's face when he rejected him.

Damn.

He felt like an asshole for making him feel unwanted. If only he knew...

He sighed once more as he walked towards the door leading to the basement.

Jungkook went in front of the monitors as soon as he got in, eyes quickly landing on the screen that shows the inside of the bedroom.

He could see the doctor on top of the bed, the duvet covering his entire body from his head down to his toes. He's in fetus position, looking like a worm inside a cocoon.

The ravenette subconsciously lifted his finger on the screen, tracing and caressing the doctor's figure as if he's lulling him to sleep.

If only he could be with him, he would embrace him in his arms and caress his soft locks in his hand until he fell asleep.

He would kiss him without inhibitions and cradle his body softly next to his.

He would make him feel safe and secured for as long as he's by his side.

He would love him... and only him.

However, those things will just remain a dream to an assassin like him.

He couldn't afford to fall in love and have someone by his side without putting him in danger.

He couldn't make him feel safe and secured with the kind of life that he has.

He couldn't promise to love him and only him because he couldn't even love himself.

These were the reasons why he chose to walk away and reject him even though deep inside, he's dying to have him in his arms and make him all his.

But he couldn't. Not someone like him.

This is the life that he had chosen. A lonely and dark life that a person such as Kim Taehyung should have never encountered.

The kind of life he won't be able to escape until his death.

--------

Taehyung wouldn't go out of his room unless he's sure that Jungkook wouldn't be around, breathing the same air as him.

He would slowly go out, listening to any sound around the house, trying to make sure that he will not get the chance to come face to face with the ravenette.

This went on for two days and to his surprise, he couldn't help but feel lonely and sad.

If truth be told, Taehyung was embarrassed of how desperate he acted towards the ravenette.

However, who could blame him?

Jungkook is a walking temptation. He's stirring emotions within him that he never knew he could possibly feel and it frustrates him.

What bothered Taehyung even more was the fact that Jungkook likes him as well. Call him delusional, but he's sure as hell that the ravenette feels the same way.