15

Minx pov

Days had gone by and I was struggling to find a routine in all of the aftermath but it was hard to get up every day and face the sunshine. I would tell Opie I was good but he knew it was just to passify him to be the strong one but every once in a while I'd catch myself letting the tears fall down my cheeks.
One day while I was home with the kids sitting out on the balcony I heard Gemma..I mean my mom come into the house and I saw her looking around for me so I told her I was out back.
"Hey baby, how are you holding up?" She asked and saw my tears on my face, taking me into a huge hug.
"Mom I cant do this, I'm trying to be so strong but every night i cant sleep. Opie asks how I'm doing ...."
"Shhh baby girl, come on i need to talk to you. Opie should be here soon with Jax. They wanted to be here for this. Opie has been telling me that you haven't been doing so well so i thought maybe you were having trouble processing everything. " she took me in her arms and lead me to the couch while she fixed some food that we had left over.
"I'm sorry mom it's just a lot to handle right now. I know the twins need me but I cant bond with them, Mason and Nova always want to cling to me and please me by doing arts and crafts at school. I feel lost mom"
"Its perfectly ok to feel lost baby. But maybe going to see a therapist would be a better choice. Dont be like me and bottle things up." She hugged me and sat down with me.
I ate the delicious food she cooked and then I saw the door open and Opie, Jax, and Juice came in with a huge box with a lid.
"Oh my goodness you guys what is that?" I asked jumping up and all of a sudden I heard a bark.
"Wait...is that?" I looked up at Opie trying to figure out why I was deserving of present so great
"It is, just for you." Opie said kissing me on the forehead.
I told juice to place the box on the floor and he took the lid off. Inside was a pure white husky at which I picked up and took into my arms.
"Opie he's perfect, you guys did a good job." My mother said.

After a while Juice took Mason and Nova to the park and out for ice cream while the rest of us stayed behind to talk. I had a feeling something bad was about to be brought up and I sat next to my husband nervous as all hell. What in the world was my mother going to bring up now??

"Alright, so I know that Minx has been dealing with a lot of things and I feel like I have left things unsaid and unfinished for her to fully heal. Baby look at me, what I'm about to tell you is going to be heavy ok? I want you to know now how very sorry I am as your mother I was never there to protect you."
I looked up at her with my eyes furrowed in confusion, my hands were starting to get sweaty and my mind was racing with all sorts of bad ideas of what she was about to tell me.
"Storm..... He was your half brother."

As soon as those words left her lips my body froze up, im talking everything from my feet to my head was frozen in place. I could not comprehend what she had just told me.
"Minx? Minx, hey baby talk to us.... Say something" Opie started getting concerned and snapped his fingers in front of my eyes but I didn't blink.
"Shit! She's in shock, I knew it was going to be bad on her... Gemma I think you should leave." Opie said sternly and stood up in front of us but I shook my head.

"No! I need her. She's my mom" I said and went to hold her hand which she gladly took into hers. Opie sighed, not happy with my decision but sat down beside me.
"Why didn't you try to get me away from him when I was in high school? You had every chance to speak up and save me, and you stayed silent!!" I screamed into her face.

"Baby girl you have no idea how much it weighs on my soul that I wronged you in every way. But I wasn't ready to let the world know what happened and it's something I'll live with for the rest of my life, trust me. I love you with every ounce of my being and need to make things right by you." Even the stone cold Queen of the SOA had emotions and then I saw right threw her whole core.

"You have alot to make up for." I said coldly

"I know I do baby." She wiped her tears away

"You can start by never ever mentioning anything about the past again. I have lived through enough hell. "

"Yes baby I hear you." Gemma said and I stood up.

"I hate what you have done, you were selfish and weak. You placed me in so much danger that I could have been killed!!" I roared with anger "get out of my house!!" I screamed at her and she started moving towards the door.
"I said get out!!" I screamed again and Opie helped her leave.

He rushed over to me to hold me in his arms and I broke down completely sobbing.
"My.....my half brother was my....oh my God I'm gonna be sick...." I rushed to the bathroom and threw up. This couldn't be real. No way was this true! I told myself as I leaned against the wall. The cold felt good to me. Opie was there behind me and waited until I was ready.
I moved my head towards his view and sighed
"Will this nightmare ever end for me? For us? Can't we just be together and the world leaves us alone?" I asked and he took my hand in his.
"The hardest part is behind us. Maybe healing will happen soon. But in the mean time, we take one day at a time. We work on our relationship." He leaned into me and kissed my head.
"Opie, I love you so much and if I ever hurt you I'm terribly sorry." I took a deep breath
"It only dug deep into my heart seeing you hurt like you did. I love you Minx and death is the only thing that will take me away from you I promise you that"

There was silence between us but the air felt strong around me and I let out a breath.
"Mind if I take a shower?" I asked, thinking it might help.
"Not at all, the kids are still out getting icecream, Onyx and Star are already asleep for their naps. You take all the time you need." He helped me off the floor and got me undressed.
Stepping into the shower I let the hot water hit my body and took in all of my scars . I was a survivor, a warrior, a fighter. 

      Letting the time go by in the shower I decided I needed to get out and grabbed my towel. On the way out to the main part of the house I heard a low volume of music going, Opie was in the kitchen and moving back and forth to the sounds. How did I get lucky to escape all that I had been through to get the one I should have been with all along?