~Chapter 6: Not Right~

(A/N) Okay, wow. I'm still writing this, lol. What a surpriseeeeee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack sat in the living room, reading the note over and over again. Why did it look so familiar? What does it mean? What does it mean? What does it mean? What does it mean? What does it mean?

The letters began to lose meaning the longer he stared at the paper, the words turning into senseless lines. He couldn't understand what it said anymore. His brain felt fuzzy, and he was suddenly aware of how warm it was. He was sweating and his vision was out of focus. Jack was confused, and honestly panicking.
Something abruptly came over him, and he didn't know what. Thoughts of anxiety and confusion drifted around his mind, leaving him disoriented.

A few minutes passed by and he was hallucinating. Seeing things that weren't even there. That weren't supposed to be there.

"You alright, Jack?"

"Shut up," Jack snapped, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Calm down. Everything's going to be fine, I promise."

Jack knew the person talking to him wasn't really there. He was hallucinating. Of course he was imagining things. Adam was dead, he had to accept that.... But he couldn't help thinking that if Ryan was alive, maybe Adam was, too.

"Jack, calm down."

"Shut up! You're not Adam! Get out of my head!" Jack tried to block out the illusion of Adam, but it was convincing.

"I'm not in your head. You've forgotten me."

Jack suddenly stood up when the apparition of Adam said that, rushing over to the computer. "These are all signs of LSD..... Somebody drugged me." Jack realized. "But who? When? How?"

He rubbed his eyes, trying to clear the visions. It worked--for the moment--and Adam's imaginary presence was gone, but Jack couldn't help feeling a rush of loneliness and anguish. He missed Adam, but he had more important things to do, so he pushed those feelings down, trying his best to ignore them. He needed to figure out who drugged him.

Lee flew in, perching himself on the couch.

"Robin... Has anyone been over today?"

Lee ruffled his feathers, which Jack learned meant "No."

Then it must've been someone he came in contact with last night...

Realization hit Jack, and a sense of agitation struck, too. "Why did I have to fall asleep?"

Lee tilted his head as Jack got up, walking toward his costume. "We're going out. Now. Someone's messing with my head, and I know who."

After changing, they both raced outside.
The sun was just barely disappearing over the horizon, and the city was beginning to greet the night. It was a little early, but Jack had already spotted the culprit who drugged him breaking and entering.
"Come on, Robin. Let's do our job."

Jack was a little anxious, especially since he had LSD in him, but it would work out, right? He's Batman, after all.

Dysphoria began to grow in the pit of his stomach as they neared the building the person had broken into.

They drugged Jack, and he was going to find out why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N) Yeah, idk what this story is. Ughhhh. Thanks for reading, I guess. Yes, I do realize it's rushed. Idk how else to write it. Ughhhh. Jfkakhfoejfhkskgjodjfiekjfjskdhfjkshfiskcjisjdhf.