41 : done with the pain

• if he's a serial killer, then what's the worst that could happen to a girl who's already hurt? i'm already hurt •

if he's a serial killer,
then what's the worst
that could happen to a girl who's already hurt?
i'm already hurt

The discussion went on and on and the table of maps was replaced with liquor, chicken and snacks. It was almost 2 am when Jennie looked at the clock. "God, it's 2 am. We need to sleep." She said briefly. "Feel free to pick a room and there's pillows in that closet." Taehyung pointed at a room. His friends scattered there pulling pillows. "Pillow fort!!" He heard a few of them cheered and a thud sound.

"Rosé," Jk approach Rosé who was half-dazed on the piano. "We need to talk." He said softly but firmly. Rosé nodded as she sat down the empty bottle of tequila and went out to the outdoor patio. It was definitely cold but she needed to be sober if whatever they're talking is serious. At least she assumed it was serious since he looked and sounded serious.

She sighed, she felt her shoulder when she felt a warm drink was being handed to her. "Thanks," She said only briefly continuing to tug at the ends of her cardigan. "It's gonna be winter soon." He sighs looking towards the dark sky. She chuckled out of the blue causing him to be a little shocked. "I'm sobering up!" She announced.

"I wished we have time for ice skating this time with the rest," Rosé continue her small talk. "Or maybe a day in with hot cocoa. Or ice skating? Or have I said that." The man looked at her brows rises. "We can't talk if you're drunk. Just sleep for the day Rosé. Lisa's room is that one." He pointed at the one of the room.

"Can't I just sleep here instead?" She looks at him, god she was still dizzy. Is her brain working all right now? "You'll freeze." He simply said as he handed her his hand for her to take. "Hey," she tapped his bicep and pinching on it softly, "how about we freeze together? That sounds fun." She softly cheered.

"No. And you're being unreasonable. Don't just aimlessly throw your life away. Some people would love the chance of being ... complete ... or healthy for all that's matter and right now, you're ruining your life. Drinking 2-3 bottles a day. This isn't the Rosé I know and this is certainly not the way you acted when I was seeking for your help 3 months ago."

He pulled her hand and led her into the bedroom,
"No, we'll talk. If you're asking me to get back together, I would have to say no this time Jungkook. I've hurt you as much as you've hurt me. And I think... I think I'm done with the pain." She paused. "Don't ask me If I am happy, you know that I'm not but at best I can say that I'm not sad. I'm not crying. Cause I think hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have." She closed the door after she whispered goodnight at him.

He walked slowly to the couch, trying to get some sleep. He must have overslept when he feels someone softly tapping his arms. "Hmm?" He hummed as a response before slowly sitting up to see the meals that had been cooked on the dining table. "Did Jennie cook all this?" He got up and went to wash his face. "Yeah, now eat up. I'll be there after I'm done with Rosé's hangover soup."

As he was eating the meals, he can't help but noticing how stress Lisa looked. It wasn't evident on her smile or actions but it was evident on her eyes. After breakfast, he caught Lisa and Baekhyun talking at the balcony. Baekhyun left her alone there and he decided to just asked her what's going on.

"Oh, hey." Lisa acknowledges him. "You looked... stress" he trailed without wordplays. "Oh yeah, suppose I tell you too. I'm getting married next year. It's an arranged one." She paused. "Did you and Sé talk it over? It's kinda depressing to see how she is now." She changed the subject. "What about you and Baekhyun? Or Hoseok? I think you dated one of them?" He ignored the comments about Rosé now. They were talking about Lisa first.

Lisa laugh wholeheartedly at him, "god, don't make it sound like I'm two-timing them. It's at a different period of time and place. Baek and Hoseok were just flings. When you don't have someone that's always by your side no matter what's the situation—" Jungkook noticed how her eyes linger at Taehyung and Jennie who was in the kitchen. "You seek comfort and company from others. I sought comfort from Hoseok and sought company with Baek. He's—" she laughs.

"I gotta admit, a seducer has his ways." She smiled, looking at her hand. "I'm not telling you to make you pity me. God, that's the last thing I want. But I'm just telling you for the sake of telling. Being with you guys made me realise something actually. With how much trouble you guys faced when you wanted the future played your way, it's surprising that none of you is truly happy yet. Maybe going through what others planned for me might be a good thing."

"If you had married Tzuyu, you will still be Python's heir if that's what you wanted. If Jennie had complied with her father and merge with Kai's, she wouldn't have faced death. She's alive well but from what I've seen and heard she faced a few death moments. But that's the difference with me and you and Jennie. I don't have a Taehyung and Rosé in my life." She patted his back.