18 : time

• you don't ever have to be stronger than you really arewhen you're lying in my arms, and, honeyyou don't ever have to act cooler than you think you shouldyou're brighter than the brightest stars •

you don't ever have to be stronger than you really are
when you're lying in my arms, and, honey
you don't ever have to act cooler than you think you should
you're brighter than the brightest stars

"What are you thinking about?" Her hair brushed against his bare skin. "You..." His voice barely comes out like a whisper. Her body turns as she lay on top of his bare chest, "If we were the elements of nature what would we be?" She pulled the covers to cover her bare thighs, "Hmm, I would be anything as long as we're next to one another." A soft chuckle was heard, "would you light me up if I were to be dimmed?" She plays with the ends of her hair, "Of course, I would help you even when you shine the brightest." She sat up on top of him, "Hmm, then are you my sun or my moon?" Her hands held the covers tightly, covering her chest. "Then I would be the sun that I will die just to let you glimmer." he pulled her to his chest, "If we were the sun and the moon would our love ever be more than just darkness?"

"...Jennie?" He pushed her hair away, trying to look at her face properly but she buries her face in the crook of his neck, "Sorry! I shouldn't read that sappy poem books. We're fine Taehyung." He brushed her hair away from her face believing her false words. 'We're fine Taehyung.' "Are you talking to yourself?" Taehyung averted his gaze from the night sky looking over his shoulders to see Baekhyun handing him a gun. "The moon just reminded me of Jennie for some reason." Baekhyun patted his back, "When you're missing someone, everything reminds you of that person." Baekhyun let his leg dangles around as they sat on top of the roof.

"Sorry," Taehyung brushes his nape awkwardly, "I've been a bad friend to you, to all of you. You never once complained about how unfair your life is and here I am, with my girlfriend's death that I may have played some part of making it happened and I'm complaining as if it's the end of the world. Just how do you manage to stay calm and collected? Don't you missed her at some point?" Baekhyun punched his shoulders lightly, "Just because I never talked about her does not mean that I don't miss her, this is all an act Taehyung. I'm constantly acting like I'm fine till I'm really fine. It has been helping me a lot I guess."

"Jennie's dad is requesting your appearances at his office huh," Jungkook walk towards the edge of the footstep sitting next to them, "yeah, wish I could ask Namjoon, Jisoo and Jin about that but it seems like none of us are in talking terms after Paris." Jungkook let out a sigh, "Guess I'm not the only one, Rosé been ignoring me again, Jimin too. And Lisa has been helping me by taking Tzuyu out on a vacation while I talk with my father." Baekhyun looks at the both of them as he sat between them, he slapped both of their head with a laugh.

"I don't have a lamp with me but lighten up!" He said in between laughs, "You're oddly optimistic, did something happened or perhaps you've been granted superpowers to see the future?" Jungkook asked as he brushes his hair out from his face. "Nah, nothing too weird, I just have a good feeling that new trouble is arising and this is only the beginning," he stood up, hand both of his hands to his friends, "come on, a merciless mafia leader is awaiting for you."

Taehyung and Jungkook looked at one another before taking Baekhyun's hand, "he must have been eating bad food, take care of him Tae!" Jungkook lightly punched Taehyung at his shoulders. The full moon caught his attention even when two of his friends were joking around, it didn't help that he had an unsettling feeling that keeps aching him, a memory that he had long forgotten suddenly came back. It was near the hills, marriage from a fellow Corona that was in the same circle of the entertainment business like Jimin.

"What happens if we get married?" He blurted it out when he was dancing with Jennie. "Is that a way to propose? Lame." Jennie chuckled at him, "No, I meant it like what happens if a Corona married their Marionette or someone else." He looked away blushing that he had the thought. "Release or not depends on the corona. Marriage, Corona all of them are just laws in the paper. Nothing's changed. If two Corona get marries, their business is either combined or simply stay as rivals. However, for a female Corona, their husband has to know the business rules too. especially if they decided to take a 9-month leave and I'm sure you'll do well in my stead." She winked at him.

At that time, embarrassment and fluttering butterflies were the one surrounding his thoughts, 'I'm sure you'll do well in my stead.' why did the words start aching him more than it should have been. Had it been a foreshadow of an event? There were several cars outside of Jennie's mansion which was a rare case. The moment they went inside, Mr Song was already waiting for them, "A bit tardy, greet the people respectfully, don't stare too much if it's unnecessary and Taehyung,"

"Yes, Mr Song?" He looked towards Mr Song who hesitated to open the doors to the study, "Control your emotions." He opens the door that leads to the study room, it had a very dark aura compared to the last time he was there. Namjoon was there sitting next to Jennie's father but wait, her father isn't sitting at the boss chair, "Taehyung, this is one of the most important men in 404 or simply SilverMoon, this is Master Jang. Jennie's grandfather." The man stood up, his cane made a sound, the guns at his holster were visible clearly. He had a scar across his face. "Kim Taehyung was it?" Thud. The cane made a sound again but he was still standing there, "Perhaps Han Taehyung would be appropriate."

He tried to cover the moon's glimmer with his hands but the moon was too bright, "So... what are you gonna do dummy?" A female voice asked, "I missed you." He didn't look at her as he replied. "Arent you happy? Solve this family conflict, keep the ring in a box, bury it or whatever, you can ask my grandfather to release you." She pointed at his earrings. "he knows my secret code." she chuckled. "that way you can finally let me go."

"What if I don't want to let you go?" If he was drunk or high be it, but the girl in front of him felt like it was really her, it really felt like it was Jennie. "They'll find the clothes soon, don't hope too much. No matter how deep you dive, I won't be there at the bottom of the sea." He looks towards her, "is it cause you survived? Or because you ate truly gone?" he asked her but she only showed a smile. "Hmm...Only time will tell."