Chapter 16 : Mixed Feelings

This chapter takes place right after chapter 9 before chapter 10. 

Enjoy this chapter!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack's POV

I look at the clock and it reads 2:00 AM. I've been up all night, thinking...

Okay, okay, I will admit, I might not be okay, but still okay, kinda. The thing that I'm not okay is with my girlfriend, Rylie. She's been really clingy lately and maybe it has been bothering me a bit? I thought that she would be different, you know? I thought that she would be cool and all. Or maybe she's hiding something from me, I really don't know. I'm messed up, man. 

*Face palm. 

I sigh in frustration.

Then again we have been only dating for a couple of weeks or months, I'm not keeping track. Rylie, Rylie, Rylie, my first love at first sight. Or I think it was love. 

*Sigh in frustration

Ughhh, I'm being so immature... Rylie, she's, she's ADORABLE!

There might just be one more problem in all this. I want to take Rylie on a really romantic date. I know, you must be wondering, "what's so problematic about that?" Well you see, I personally get nervous when going out to eat with a girl. Maybe that's why I've been fussing over it so much. Maybe that's what's giving me mixed feelings... about Ella.

Guess what? Ever since me and Ella had that project together, we've been hanging out more. Actually she's a really cool girl! She talks perfectly, if that's possible. She looks perfect, if that's possible. And she's just perfect! Yeah, you'd think it's suspicious, though. I really hope that this won't end up with me having catching feelings and then dumping Rylie. 

I know, I already have someone else. Maybe Ella is working her "magic" on me, which is really working. A lot of the guys say that she works her "magic" on all the guys, and it usually does work! Ella also has a sort of "heart-breaker" reputation around school. Not to mention, she's usually the object of why a lot of the guys cheat on their girlfriends. Ella is drama, and I don't want that. The thing just is, I think that I'm already caught up in all the drama she drags along with her. 

I know Ella is a bully, yet I'm still friends with her. WHY AM I SO STUPID? Not to mention, the greater fact that she bullies or at least used to (before me and Rylie were a thing) bully Rylie! And I'm so not okay with that. Still! I'm friends with her! Ughhhhh! Mixed feelings combined with not knowing what you want really sucks.

~In the morning~    

"Good morning Jack." My dad greets me, as he closes the bedroom door to his room. Yes, he might be just the person I need to talk to. 

"Morning. Dad, you got a minute?" I ask him, from the kitchen counter. 

"Sure, what's up son?" He asks. Me and my dad have a really good father-son relationship, unlike most of my friends at school. A lot of their dads aren't even around, and if they are they don't really talk to each other. At the same time, some of my friends don't even have any dads, so I consider myself really lucky. 

We sit on the couch. No else is awake yet. 

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" He asks me. I fidget for awhile to find the right words.

"When you were dating mom, did you have friends that were girls?" I ask him.

"Sure I did. Like Auntie Jackie, she was my best friend since we were both practically in diapers! Me and your mom actually named you after her," he tells me. 

"Right," I said, "but, I mean like, did you ever turn your head for any other girls?"

"You mean while I was with your mom?" I nod. "Ummm, yes occasionally. I'd admire their beauty and personality and all, but I didn't flirt with other ladies, and I definitely never cheated on her," he answered me.

"Wow..." is all I can say. My dad truly is loyal to my mom. This just makes me admire him more. 

"Why do you ask? Are u going through that?" He asks me looking concerned. What should I say?

"I don't know," is what came out of my mouth. My dad sighs.

"Well you better figure it out soon. You don't want to be too late until the girl has to find out, and then you break her heart. Mix-feelings, I know about them all too well," he tells me. My dad is really wise.

"Speaking of the girl..." he trails off. I hear a door close and turn my head to see Rylie walking towards us. 

"Morning everyone!" She chirps while waving awkwardly. She looks to adorable in the mornings. I give her a big smile then I stand up to give her a big hug.

"Good morning," I reply. I just feel the urge to pick her up and carry her around, so I did that. 

"Jack! Put me down!" She cries, while we both know she doesn't want that. Out of nowhere both out moms start giggling like high school girls.

"Love birds," they say, while shaking their heads. Because of all the commotion we were making, everyone arrived in the living room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Dear Roses,

If you're reading this right now, that means I published the chapter that I was most uncertain about publishing. When I first wrote this chapter, I didn't really know how to properly display Jack's character. Hopefully, by the time you guys read this, I've already figured that part out. 

Note from me a couple of weeks ago when I first wrote this chapter:                                                            I feel like I'm messing the story line up, as if it isn't messed up already :) Aaahhh, I think that it'll be fine. #staypositivewhenyou'renotfeelinglikeit 

Well, as we can all see, I might've messed the story line up because I added something wayyyyyyy more complicated, as you can see, kind of. 

*Laughs nervously, sighs in frustration and face palms.

aNywAyS....

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I hope that you enjoyed it!

❤♥❤Comment, vote, and share❤♥❤ Please?

I love you people!

-Jesinga-

aLsO... there might not be a chapter update next week since I will be studying for my finals then, so stay tuned! (In other words, go follow sCouRgELOvesbLOOd and Jeniffer_Marfield to stay updated!)