Chapter 2: Thinking about the future

^ This is our dear beloved Jacob

Enjoy the story!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rylie's Pov

Today's second day of school. Yesterday was such a tiring day, emotionally. Today is Tuesday, and today I only have a half-day of school. After school, we have all kinds of activities and clubs that we can join at school. I still haven't decided what club I wanted to join yet. Maybe cheerleading? Ya, I'm that kind of girl.

"Rylie,  honey! Wake up, we're leaving in 30 minutes!" dad shouted from downstairs. 

I got out of my bed, took my uniform, and headed to the bathroom. I'm in there for about ten minutes. As I exit the bathroom, I see my older brother, Jacob, walking out of his room. He looked like he just woke up seconds ago which might be true. He looked like he was partially blind because he nearly bumped into the wall. My brother has caramel skin, dirty blonde hair, and piercing blue eyes. His blonde hair comes from dad but the rest is all from my mom. Sometimes I'm jealous of his looks, that's how good he looks. 

"Morning Bro!" I say to him cheerfully. He opens his eyes wider and smiled at me.

"Hi Sis!" he walks up to me and ruffled my hair then proceeded to head to the bathroom.

 I love my brother. I hope that he'll still be like this in the next couple of years. At the moment he's a Junior in high school. He has a bright future ahead of him. He's smart, kind, and good looking. It wouldn't take him much to get into a good university and later on, a good job. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes rich and successful in the future. I really do look up to him.

As I walk into my room, I see a little girl sitting on my bed reading a storybook. She has light brown hair that's paired with the most dazzling hazel eyes. That's my little sister Alicia. She's only six years old and not to mention, the cutest human being on the planet. This year was her first year in elementary. I'm so proud of her! She's doing really well in school so far (it's only been one day, though). 

She's growing up way too fast! Soon enough, she'll have a best friend, then her first crush, then she'll get married and have kids! *sobs. Like the good big sister I am, I'm very protective of her. I really don't ever want to see her unhappy. But at the same time I want her to become an independent young lady and learn from her mistakes in life. Maybe I'm thinking way too far ahead. After all She's only six-years-old. 

"Hey Ali! Watcha reading?" I happily asked her She loves reading. She looks up from her book and smiled at me. 

"Hi Sissy!" she said happily. "I'm reading The Birth of the Tooth fairy," she replied. 

Ok, when I said that she could read well... I didn't think that she could read this well. I've read this book and its nonfiction, basically, you wouldn't give this to your child to read. Since Alicia is only six-years-old she still believes in Santa, tooth fairies, and all of those other fictional characters. I really hope that she doesn't start crying or having nightmares after reading this. This book, which basically tells the truth, could shatter her childhood!

"What's the story about?" I ask her nervously. I'm just checking whether she actually understands the book. 

"Ummm... I don't know. I'm only looking at the pictures," she said with an innocent face. Whew!  My book didn't shatter her dreams of meeting the tooth fairy!

"Guys! Breakfast's ready!" Mom called up the stairs. 

I grabbed my stuff, headed out of the room and down the stairs with my little sister trailing behind me. I walk into the living room and I hear the TV on. I look at what's on and watch in horror as I see my brother watching my favorite Netflix series- that I haven't finished watching yet- without me! 

"Jay!" I cried. "How dare you watch it without me! Turn it off. I will not allow myself to get spoiled by you. I know that you're already in season 4! "

"Fine, no need to shout like that- oh wait, are you on your period?" Jacob asked casually. How dare he! Well... yea, I actually am. Wow, I definitely need to calm down. 

"Let's go go go!" my dad called out from the front door. We all took our (breakfasts) sandwiches from the counter and headed to my dad's Fortuner. 

I actually wanted to get my own car but there are two problems. First of all, I don't have enough money. And secondly, I haven't fully passed my driving tests yet. My driving instructor got pregnant and she delivered her baby a couple of days ago. At the moment she's still currently on maternity leave. The driving school offered me another driving instructor so that I could finish my tests/lessons but I didn't want another driving instructor. So I just have to wait for three more months until she's coming back. 

As we near the school, I get all of my things ready so I can directly get out of the car. 

"Bye Dad! Bye Ali! See you after school!" I call out towards them as I step out of the car. 

I walk into school with my bro. He waves bye as he joins his friends at the entrance. I, myself, walk into school looking for my crew. Unlike Ella and her "friends", we're real friends. We call ourselves ship-mates, for many reasons. I walk to my locker and see the crew's all here today. They all just returned from vacation yesterday.

"Hey girls! I see all the captains are here!" I say. They turn around, and we all just start screaming. 

Ya, that's us girls. We can shout about the simplest things. We all dive into a group hug. We haven't seen each other for the whole summer.  Not to brag, but we're all pretty rich. So we go can go on very expensive vacations quite often. Unlike Ella, we're not snotty rich kids. We have core values. We don't look down on others, and we especially don't treat each other as servants. 

"Hey girl-friend!" says Michaela. She has tan skin, hazel eyes, and long curly hair. She's originally from Jamaica. She immigrated to the U.S. when she was just six-years-old. She's defiantly model material. 

Hoppy's an ideal blonde girl, with blue eyes and everything. Charlotte, who has red hair and brown eyes. There's Angela, who's Asian. She has short black hair and dark brown eyes. And then last, but not least, there's Madeline. She's the most quiet out of the six of us. But compared to others, she's not really that quiet, she just doesn't really talk to strangers. I myself, have caramel skin and light brown eyes. We are defiantly the most international group of friends in our grade. 

We've all been best friends since first grade. It really makes me wonder if we'll all be best friends forever, like seriously. I'm not so sure what I would do without them. We've been through so many things together, I can't imagine losing them. I really wonder what the future will be like. 

Then the bell rings, which signals that we still have four more minutes before class starts. We all head to homeroom together, since we're all in homeroom together. We also all have 3 subjects together. Most of my other subjects I shared with Michaela. 

As we enter the class, I see Jack. Oh right, Jack. The guy that I have a crush on. I didn't know that he was in my homeroom. On the first day we didn't have a homeroom, but I don't know why. I totally forgot to tell the crew. I'll tell them during lunch. I wonder what my future with Jack will be like. Will it is happy or will it be painful?

After homeroom I head to my first class, math. It's one of the only two classes that none of my friends are in. 

Since the beginning of the day, I've only been thinking about the future. I just can't help but be scared of the future sometimes. I defiantly don't want to turn out like my Aunt Rosia. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

What happened to Rylie's aunt Rosia? Stay tuned to find out.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter. It's the longest chapter so far. I hope you enjoyed it. 

...Next chapter coming 14 February 2020!!!