Chapter 1: Moving On

^ This is our dear beloved Rylie

Enjoy the story!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rylie's Pov

~One year later~

It's already been one year since I last saw that mysterious guy. Yes, I have been keeping track. He literally saved me from having a big red spot on my face! It was one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me. But still, who was he though?

"Miss Tompkins?" my teacher called out. She was currently taking our attendance. I raise my hand so she could see me. She looked up from her attendance list and smiled at me. Then she moved on to the next person. 

It was my first day of high school. High school, some might say, are the best years of your life. Well, at least that's what they show in movies. They show that the kids can party all night long. Well... I'm not so sure about that. Everything becomes more hectic, and we feel even more pressure. I didn't really know that until my brother started high school two years ago. This year he's a Junior in high school and I'm a Freshmen. 

My brother's name is Jacob Kyler Tompkins. He's a basketball player. Well, at least he used to be. This year he's trying out football. I have the best brother in the world. Like I'm not kidding, he's the best. Wanna know why? Well because, he's really kind, protective over me, and he never had a snotty girlfriend before. That last part is probably one of my favorite things about him. 

My big bro probably has three girlfriends since middle school. I know right. You must be thinking that he must be really good looking to receive such kind of attention. Three girlfriends in such a short amount of time.  He's really handsome actually. He gets it from my mom. My mom used to be a model for big brands such as Gucci and Louis Vuitton. But then... she met my dad, they got married and then my bro and I were born. So, ya, she didn't go back to modeling which I'm actually really disappointed about. Now she's an actor since that was her major in university. 

The bell rings signaling the end of class. I pack up my stuff and walked out of the classroom. My next class is English. As I walk through the halls to my locker, someone bumps into me making the contents in my hands fall. The guy stared at me for a long time not doing anything as I bend down to retrieve my things from the floor. "I'm so sorry," he finally said. Wow, so he can speak! 

"Whatever," I replied calmly. How do you say whatever without sounding rude? I guess I did sound rude because he just gave me a guilty look in reply.

"My name's Jack, you wanna hang out some time. I really am sorry, I didn't see you," he said with guilt laced in his tone. Wow, offensive much! He's not that tall and I'm not that short! I'm 5 11 ft! Which is pretty tall for a girl my age and he's not much taller than me. 

"Ummm... I don't know. You just bumped into me and just stared at me as if I was the one who bumped you," I told him. His eyes softened and stared into my soul. Yes he stared into my soul, that's how deep he looked into my eyes. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him with confusion. 

"I was just staring at your beautiful eyes," Jack said to me. I blushed.  It baffled me that he was able to say that with such confidence. 

"Thanks... I like your eyes too, I guess. I gotta get to class. Bye," I said while I speed-walked away leaving behind a speechless Jack. Why did I say that? That was weirddddd. And I was weird! Everything's so weird today!

As I enter, I see the one and only Jack talking to the all so famous mean"Queen Bee" Ella. They seemed happy talking to each other. It was as if they were old friends catching up. Strangely, I felt uncomfortable seeing Jack talk to her. 

Oh no, did I like-like Jack? NO WAY! Well I mean it's possible, right? Last time I had a crush on someone was in the last year of middle school. The mysterious guy, the one that saved me. But I understand and have fully accepted that he's never coming back *sniffles. I miss him so much. Only one encounter with him was all it takes for me to feel like I've known him forever. It's a small world, so maybe we'll bump into each other someday. But at one point we all have to move on from the past. And that's what I'm going to try to do.

"Hey Jack!" I said loudly while waving at him. Ella looked at me angered as I intrude their oh-so-precious conversation. Jack smiled at me.

"Hey Ry-Ry" he says with a smile slash smirk. Did he seriously just call me that? That's the cutest name anyone had ever called me!! Well actually, my parents call me that but never mind. 

He stands up from his chair, says something to Ella, then heads my direction. My heart thumps louder and faster as he comes closer to me. Why am I so nervous? Is this what love feels like? It's not a really comfortable feeling if you ask me.

Then the bell rings which signals for the class to start. I take a seat in the second row, while Jack sits behind me. The whole class time Jack actually just kept on making jokes. He made me laugh so many times. As a result I got evil glares from both the teacher and Ella. It honestly made me feel good, except the part where the teacher would glare at me, as if saying, "be quiet, or else you'll go to the principal's office."

I think that I'm finally moving on, from a guy that I never even knew. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

Thanks so much for reading the first chapter. I'm planning on publishing the second chapter before Friday, but we'll see. I promise (and hope) that the next chapter will be less confusing. I hope you enjoyed it, and please leave a comment down below. 

Btw, if after I have published 5 chapters and I already have 30 views, I will continue writing the book until the end. 

Oh and one more thing... p l e a s e  vote for this story and share it!!!!!   Thank you so much!   :)))))