Chapter 11 Part B

Start from the beginning

The boy in front of his glanced him up and down.  

Liam wasn't convinced but trusted him otherwise because well, he was a guest now, and stepped aside on his doorway to let the known stranger in. He was still in sleeping clothes even though it was noon but he didn't care as long as his flat was fixed up and tidy.  

"Drink?" The boy asked, leading Zayn to the kitchen area,  passing by the dark hallways that had no sign of pictures from families or anything. Just huge blank walls of nothingness. It was rather depressing, Zayn thought.  

"Water would be fine, thanks."   Liam nodded and trotted over to his high cupboard over at the corner, next to his stove.  

Zayn took the opportunity to scan over the modern looking kitchen.  

"So, what was it you wanted to talk about?" Liam murmured as he walked to his fridge for cold water.   Zayn pressed is lips together and furrowed his brows as he tried to gather his thoughts again. What was it he wanted to do? It drifted off his mind as he had driven down here, like how usually everything does when he gets distracted.

  "Uh.." He trailed off, sounding like a complete idiot and at that moment, he wanted to slap himself and dig himself a hole to hide in.  

"What?" Liam chided as he swiftly turned around to hand Zayn the glass and stand behind the brown counter, his hands planted on the edges while he waited for the boy's response.  

"DidyouknowHarry'stakingactingclasses?"  

 Liam chuckled warmly, completely ignoring Zayn who was sitting on the stool with wide eyes because he knew he just became the most pathetic man on Earth in that very moment.  

"Really?" Liam grinned, his laughter dying down but still had that amused glint in his eyes. "The guy really can't act for shit."  

The smirk on Liam's face was awfully smug, it was absolutely obvious. And Zayn couldn't help but narrow his eyebrows at him.  

"Look, he may not act very good but he's going through some rough times too."  

"Right." Liam rolled his brown eyes at Zayn and then moved to get himself a cup of orange juice. The other boy just frowned but shrugged off the topic, not really wanting this to expand into an argument.     

"So... what is it you study?" Zayn asked, slouching back on the chair stool and crossed his arms over his chest.  

"Political Science." He grumbled, the antipathy seeping in his cold tone, making it clear that he despised the subject very dearly.  

It was quiet then.

  Zayn hummed in response and just studied the form of Liam's back while it swayed side to side from the rearranging positions of it as he stepped around to pour himself a tall glass of juice. He was very delicate and soft for a man who always seemed angered. Zayn never figured out about the boy's past as it seemed like a tough mystery to solve but he knew it must have been horrid for he has always seen him hunched down in misery that floated around him. One of the very reasons why Zayn wants to get close to him. He just wants to protect him from anything that has damaged that innocence he had once had.  

He remembered when the beautiful boy with honey brown eyes was once taken to the hospital for reasons he never had had the time to catch on to, with Louis racing behind the white carriage with a deathly pale and worried face.  

He saw it all pass like a blur. Students bubbled on about the subject but have always failed to get the correct information of that day and what really went on. Only one pupil knew it all and he was Louis Tomlinson. The only lad who was actually close to Liam.