17.7 The True Hero

"Step on the fucking gas! Don't even dare to stop on the red light!"

The patient, namely Yan JiaYi, yelled very loudly that it is almost disturbing. For a person who is experiencing heart deterioration, he seems to be very energetic! It makes all the chicken piss on their blood. Who said that dying people have no strength?

The older man could not help but be affected by his blood as he did step on the pedal harder. He watched as the arrow on the speedometer moved towards the right, increasing the number of their speed from the average forty towards sixty. Fortunately, this race against time was done at night or else they could have caused a huge traffic accident.

"So slow! So slow! Even the weakest cyclones are faster than this!" Yan JiaYi complained. "Not enough! Go, go-"

"Stop shouting! What is your problem?" The older man tried to reply calmly. "Did you not know that I could be charged with a crime with what I am doing?"

Counting the violations that had been committing, he could not help but to give off a cold smile. Starting from 'abducting' a patient to running like the flash... he wondered if he could escape the cops through this.

Yan JiaYi thought of the words the other man said. A normal person should feel shame and a bit sorry for the situation but it only made him smile slyly. He visibly showed his satisfaction towards the older man and said very clearly, "Serves you right."

The older man could feel the mockery coming from his voice. The nerves on his head bulged in anger as he prepared his rant when suddenly a bright light came in view. He chocked the words back to his throat as he swiveled the steering wheel hardly. Yan JiaYi was surprised by the appearance of the car on their sight.

Thankfully, the older man was able to successfully avoid contact. Despite their speed, he managed to steer the car sideways before placing it back en route. Both of them look very terrified that the older man lowered their speed until the car stopped to calm his nerves back. Yan JiaYi, on the other hand, saw death for the second time.

"Wha-what..." Yan JiaYi madly pulled over the window on his side and yelled to the other car, "You motherfucker, curse your ancestors! Can't you see that we are hurrying? You almost killed us!"

"Hey, put the window- I said, put the window down!" The older person reprimanded the patient.

It wasn't the other car's fault at all. It was their car that is overspeeding. This kid is just courting death!

Yan JiaYi is not the type to stop fighting until defeated so he struggled to cause more ruckus when suddenly a sound of siren announced its presence. Stopping on their movements, the two gentlemen slowly turn their heads behind to look at the car that they almost collided. On the rear, they could see the familiar white and blue police car...

"We're fucked," Yan JiaYi stated. The old man nodded in agreement.

Some officers walked out of the car wearing uniforms and such. One of them is holding a walkie talkie while the other brought out his notebook. The two men slowly returned their faces forward and took a breath.

Yan JiaYi touched the edge of the seatbelt and tightened it well. The older man clasped the steering wheel tightly, his fingers stretching in a grip. They did not talk with each other but they both understand what the other person is thinking. With the officers already close to their side windows, the older man stepped on the pedal once and skipped a few tens of speed.

What seems to be a lifetime became a minute. The car skidded in front of a modern house. Yan JiaYi did not wait for the car to be properly parked and stormed towards the house. The older man no longer cares about what the patient does and stops the car. He then goes out to look at the house when he noticed that the lights are off.