16.4 Protecting What Is Important

Zhong Song did not wait for the emperor and hurried out from the room. He just crossed the paper screen when suddenly the door opened. The scholar hurriedly approached the emperor when suddenly the image that he expected to see is not him. Rather, it was another person wearing a black hood that covered half of its smirk wearing face.

Yet, Zhong Song already knows who this person is.

"You-"

JiDan swiftly stepped forward to cover the mouth of his uncle. When Zhong Song struggled, JiDan is forced to stuff a hanky inside his mouth and pull him to the next room that is secluded from the outside. The scholar tried to escape from his grip but JiDan seems to be stronger than what he imagines. He can't even lift a finger ah!

When the entire coast is clear, JiDan removed his hand from covering Zhong Song's mouth. He also released his tight hold to let the scholar breath. Zhong Song reacted like a trapped bird, quickly gathering his self up away from JiDan, imitating a fighting position. Zhong Song is a scholar so copying a warrior's stance made him look silly. JiDan only watched the scholar in humor.

"So it's you! Did you know what kind of danger did you put yourself in? You killed many lives!" Zhong Song said on his most scolding voice. JiDan listened, looking very relaxed instead.

"Hey! What kind of attitude is that?" Zhong Song scoffed. "Don't tell me you are here to kill me? Ha! You can't defeat me. You are still young to stand hand in hand before me."

"Uncle, I'm not going to kill you," JiDan said gently.

"No! You are going to kill me! I am sure of it!" Zhong Song insisted.

"No, I won't," JiDan shrugged his shoulder.

"Huh? Why?" Zhong Song looked at him with a raised brow. JiDan returned the same expression. This uncle... does he really wanted to be killed by JiDan?

JiDan walked closer to Zhong Song. The Scholar, who seems to be so courageous but afraid to hurt his nephew, took a step back. The same action happened until Zhong Song is trapped between the wall and JiDan. Though, he remained his fighting stance to show that he will fight if needed. The young dragon knows that this is just mere appearance so he just let it be.

He took a weapon from the side and showed it to Zhong Song. The Scholar reacted exaggeratedly as he cried with warning. JiDan watched his uncle tremble in fear before the legendary weapon that is in the form of a dagger. This person... he clearly shows that he is scared.

JiDan somehow wanted to tease his uncle so he moved the dagger on the left side. Zhong Song, with his flexible body, easily dodges the dagger and moved to the left. JiDan moved the dagger to the left, receiving the same response just on the right direction. The young dragon thinks that this is fun so he moved the dagger in stabbing motions making Zhong Song do weird moves as he tried to avoid the lethal object.

It only took Zhong Song five minutes to resign in defeat. This is tiring ba!

Zhong Song raised his palm up as he crawled to a nearby chair to seat. JiDan waited for his uncle to calm down before showing the weapon again. This time, Zhong Song accepted the object without fear. Well, if JiDan really wanted to kill him then he should have done it earlier.

"Why did you have this weapon?" Is what Zhong Song first asked.

"Someone gave it to me... remember that one person who attacked us before? The one the emperor chased back," JiDan answered honestly.

Zhong Song suddenly became serious.

"What is happening?" He asked. "Why did you kill them? What are you doing?"