17.5 The True Hero

Seeing his name on the top place is not a new thing. Actually, if anyone will find his name in any place except the top, they will think that something is wrong. Lang Yuan had already owned the top place since day one and everyone accepted that fact.

Lang Yuan stared at his name for a while, not minding the influx of students around him, before turning around. The students are mostly aware of his presence so the moment he exits they made way. Lang Yuan did not look back as he headed towards the teacher's faculty.

The bulletin board where the exam results were placed is only a few meters away from the faculty. It only took him a few steps to get on the door. Lang Yuan knocked three times before pushing the door open. The teachers who heard the noise instinctively looked at the doorways. When they found that it wasn't their student, they returned to whatever they are doing.

The one who stood up is Lang Yuan's adviser. The teacher congratulated Lang Yuan for getting the top place again. Lang Yuan made the usual strained smile as he asked for the credentials for his scholarship. This is a usual occurrence so the teacher already prepared it. He just asked Lang Yuan to wait for a while as he looks on his document

Lang Yuan sat on the student's chair beside the teacher's table. He only paid attention to the teacher for a while before his eyes went wandering off. His eyes just went pass to the documents on the table when he found Yan JiaYi's name printed in one of the papers.

The teacher who found the document returned his attention to Lang Yuan who is staring unto a paper on the table. He also looked at it and found Student Yan's letter. The teacher is aware of Lang Yuan's involvement in Yan Jiayi's admittance to the hospital so he did not hide it.

"Student Yan was not able to take his examinations," the teacher said.

"But don't worry. With his medical certificates, he won't be graded fail even after the semester. If ever, he will be given supplementary exams for the one he missed. After all, Student Yan has high grades. It is just unfortunate that he got sick."

Student Lang did no response but the teacher knows that the student was relieved from the news. He handed the credentials to Lang Yuan and gave his congratulations again. Lang Yuan said thanks and left the faculty.

Yan JiaYi remained in the hospital. He visited Yan JiaYi over the weekend but the other person is sleeping so they were not able to chat. It's not that he wanted to talk with him but the awkward atmosphere between the two of them became evident.

There is even a time where he only stood up before the door wondering if he should come in.

Lang Yuan is just walking aimlessly when suddenly he collided unto someone. Though, the bump is not that hard since the other person quickly stabilized him. Lang Yuan looked up to see the other person and found Dong Wei looking at him.

"What's the problem? You look worried?" Dong Wei asked.

"Senior Wei..."

Dong Wei reached out to cup Lang Yuan's face. He caressed the cheeks of the junior that seems to get red after touching it. Added with Lang Yuan's red irises, the combination of color made anyone watching to feel desire. He almost wanted to crush the junior with his hands but he controlled his self.

It's not time - not time yet.

"Hey, you remembered that you will be coming over for dinner? Don't tell me that you forgot about it again."

Lang Yuan: "..."

Dong Wei sighed.

"You little..." He ruffled Lang Yuan's hair intimately. "It's okay. If you're not fine, we can have it another time-"