1.4 Egg Bond

For several days now, Lang Yuan had been venturing through the forest in search of an exit and signs of human civilization. He had some scruples along the way and although it was very vexing, he still managed to overcome it. As he gathered more supplies, life became more manageable, and his body gradually adapted to the circumstances he had awakened to.

The nights became more tolerable as he now had sufficient fire to warm his camp and repel insects and snakes. The ample supply of dried provisions suited his taste, offering a slightly salty flavor when consumed raw, but serving as a pleasant seasoning when boiled. Furthermore, he had come across a tree that bore hard-shelled fruits, which he ingeniously repurposed as makeshift cooking pots.

He also somehow learned how to hunt.

Initially, it proved to be quite challenging. Hunting is a skill honed through experience, and as an inexperienced modern individual, Lang Yuan was expected to struggle with it. The forest critters were remarkably swift, as even the smallest creatures possessed survival skills that enabled them to evade capture. Lang Yuan's attempts to catch them often resulted in him grasping nothing but dirt.

Realizing that catching them barehanded or relying solely on his knife was arduous, Lang Yuan decided to explore an alternative approach. He had gathered the torn ropes before and ingeniously utilized them into a makeshift basket by securing them to twigs. He then devised a clever strategy using jerky as bait to entice the elusive creatures into his trap.

The initial attempts proved unsuccessful. Either the ropes were not securely tied or the branches were too feeble to restrain the wriggling critters. When he finally managed to catch one, he underestimated the strength of its tiny legs, leading to scratches and bites that caused him to inadvertently release it. After several rounds of trial and error, he succeeded in capturing a small rabbit!

However, he still couldn't bring himself to slaughter it. The thought of taking the life of such a cute creature, especially since it would be his first time slaughtering an animal, filled him with hesitation. In that moment of indecision, the rabbit seized the opportunity, gathering its energy and swiftly escaping from his grasp. Lang Yuan could only watch helplessly as his prey darted away, all while his stomach protested with growls of hunger.

it's not really easy to survive in the wild!

Subsequent hunts became easier for him as he gradually steeled his heart. The first time he took the life of an animal left him feeling nauseated and the aftermath was messy, but he couldn't deny the satisfying meal it provided. As he continued hunting, he found himself becoming more accustomed to the process. The initial reluctance faded, and his mind grew numb while his stomach rejoiced.

Survival demanded thorough adaptation, and he understood that well.

With each passing day, his life became more pleasant and secure. The presence of the egg also prevented him from feeling lonely. Occasionally, he even attempted to use the egg as bait (the egg volunteered!), but it proved futile as its presence frightened the critters away. Lang Yuan soon recognized this and refrained from involving the egg in hunting activities again.

The egg admired and revered its mother, Lang Yuan, for his remarkable resilience and survival skills in the face of nature's challenges. It was rare for a human like him to navigate the wild successfully while carrying the egg as a burden. During the nights when it protected its mother, the egg occasionally pondered whether it would be better for Lang Yuan to leave it behind and seek assistance from others, as the egg knew it could survive and eventually be reunited with its own kind.

However, Lang Yuan persisted and adapted remarkably well to his surroundings.

This puzzled the egg. It understood that Lang Yuan lacked the innate magical abilities possessed by some individuals. Although he had opportunities to pursue cultivation, his progress would never match that of the prodigies. Of course, the egg reached this conclusion without knowledge of Lang Yuan's true origin.