1.3 Egg Bond

It is incredibly challenging to acclimate to a primitive manner of living, particularly if you come from a technology-based generation like Lang Yuan. For a person who had ridden cars, use portable cookers, and such, to be thrown out in a place where there is only dirt, trees, and more dirt and more trees is truly devastating.

It can make anyone go mad.

It is known that a clever wife can't cook without rice

For example, Lang Yuan knows a hundred ways on how to start a fire.

But what will Lang Yuan do with his list of one hundred ways to start a fire if he could not even cut a twig from the trees because he has no knife? Or that there isn't a single dry log in this forest because it is constantly raining?

And even if he did receive the materials, could he still execute the "rubbing of two sticks" quickly enough to start a fire on the first try?

Lang Yuan will answer "No" since he experienced it with his own hands.

Rubbing the two sticks he found on the ground for almost an hour already made Lang Yuan realize the importance of science. It has only been three days since he arrived in this world and he already missed the convenience of technology. Things he had previously taken for granted became things he hoped he could have in this world.

"I am hungry," both of his stomach, brain, and mouth complained. "I wanted to eat rice and barbeque. No, even scallion pancakes will be enough."

Three days – for three days, Lang Yuan tried his best to survive in the wild. It is not easy since he is just used to get things in automatic. If he is hungry, he could just go ask his older sibling for food or open the fridge to get some stuff cooking. If he is cold, he could just go turn the heater on or soak in a warm bath.

Everything is so easy in the modern world that is in contrast to where he is now.

With his clever mind and vast knowledge, Lang Yuan is sure that he could overcome his current situation. Although he needed time to adapt, his determination assured him that he could thrive in this unfamiliar setting. However, he questioned the value of the information he possessed, as he was absolutely convinced that this place was not Earth.

After much contemplation, Lang Yuan reluctantly abandoned his attempts to create fire and discarded the wooden sticks. His hands were throbbing, covered in cuts and bruises from scavenging without a proper tool. One notable wound on the back of his hand, a deep gash, had dried blood and showed signs of inflammation.

He simply looked at his hand briefly before standing. Lang Yuan reasoned that any wound would really be likely to become infected because he lacked the necessary tools to clean it. Lang Yuan is actually covered in leaves and dirt from all of his attempts to find a way out of this forest.

There isn't a single portion of his body that isn't covered with dirt.

As he walked away, Lang Yuan heard rumbling sounds coming from his back. He glanced at the source of the sounds and found a gigantic chicken-like egg that is gleefully rolling following his trail. In these three days of despair and loneliness, the accompaniment of such strange creature let Lang Yuan remain sane.

The egg hopped into the young man's arms and affectionately rubbed against him. Lang Yuan was powerless to prevent the approach of the unhatched chick, so he simply accepted its presence. Although the egg appears to be enormous and heavy – the egg is undoubtedly heavy given all the noises it makes when rolling— it feels surprisingly light in Lang Yuan's hands.

Except when Lang Yuan is holding it, it appears as though the egg is always heavy.

"Where have you been? Did you have fun rolling around?" Lang Yuan asked as he caressed the egg.