A spark of hope

The world shook, the concrete beneath his feet trembled as his mother's wrath enveloped the place. As her powers burst into the open and rose past their limits. The sheer force overwhelming the building's structure. The building that was currently threatening to give out and collapse on itself.

Izuku couldn't say how he knew that this was the end. If you'd ask him, he'd say it was a primal instinct. A strong yet familiar dreadful feeling in his guts. Whose end was it, he didn't know. Yet, he felt that no matter what, one of them wasn't going to make it out of here alive.

It didn't make it any easier though. Seeing her like that, her corpse hanging by the metal spike embedded in her torso. The blood and gore oozing from her wounds, fast and spreading as it dripped onto the dusty floor beneath her.

It didn't hurt any less as he watched the light dim and fade from her eyes. Witnessing as she rasped out her final cold, shuddering breath.

He couldn't take his eyes off of her, even as static filled his mind and his heart rocketed against his chest, making it hard for him to breathe. His mind involuntarily taking in every last detail of the scene before him. However, in the midst of all this chaos, he could vaguely hear someone calling out for him...Aizawa...

His eyes snapped to meet dark onyx orbs. His guardian made sure all his focus was on him, even as the world dimmed around them and dark spots filled his vision entirely.

Yet, it was at that moment that he realized that he probably won't make it out of here alive.

_______________________________

His eyes were unresponsive as he fell in and out of consciousness. Barely processing what was happening around him. He felt as if his body was floating, although he reckons that he was being moved and carried by someone.

He heard shouts being called out, but his brain couldn't make out what was being said. The voices blurred together and turned into a constant maddening buzz in the back of his mind.

He felt as if every nerve in his body was being lit on fire. As if they were going to burst at any moment by the amount of pain he was feeling.

Everything stilled as a blinding pain wrapped and overtook his chest, effectively making it impossible for him to breathe.

A blinding light accosted his senses and the next thing he knew, he was in complete darkness.

Panic spiked in his mind, his heart rate skyrocketing, thinking he was back under compress's quirk.

Yet, this wasn't the suffocating darkness that surrounded him and engulfed him.

This wasn't the darkness that robbed him of his senses and replaced them with a striking, paralyzing fear.

This was different.

He just knew it. Felt it.

This darkness, surrounding him, didn't feel imprisoning. This was the darkness you'd see just before the sunrise, just before the red hues of light filled the sky at dawn.

This was the darkness you'd feel just before you fall asleep, just before you surrender your consciousness to the sweet pull of slumber. It was quiet, almost... serene.

Somehow, he felt calm. A strange, yet tranquil atmosphere surrounded him, making it easier to just breathe. in and out.

He looked around and found that the obscurity, was, in fact, some sort of a tunnel.

It was as if he was being given a choice. On one side, the tunnel was pitch black, a never-ending void. Yet, on the other side, he could just barely make out a light. It was so far, yet so bright. Almost inviting.