For a friend

Izuku wobbles on his feet as his body threatens to give up on him. Yet, he stands his ground.

Kota stands next to him, his hand hovering near him as if ready to catch him if he falls over. He can't help but smile at the thought.

"Hey...Are you okay?" Kota asks hesitantly, his voice quiet and his eyes trained on Izuku's body.

With a jolt, Izuku realizes that his shirt was discarded during the fight. His scars and injuries are all on display. It's not a good sight to see, especially not for a child.

"Don't worry, I'm okay. But there's still something I have to do..." He takes a moment to catch his breath.

"What could you possibly do right now! You're hurt!" Kota asks, worry and fear tinges his every word.

"I gave it everything I had... It still wasn't good enough." He continues on despite the confusion clear on the boy's features. "If all the villains attacking tonight are this strong, then everyone is in trouble. Aizawa... The Pussycats... I have to warn them. The villains are after me and my friends." He looks up, meeting the smaller boy's gaze. "First and foremost, I've got to protect you. So, hop on... I have to get you back to camp"

"Are- are you sure you can move with those injuries?"

"This is why I saved my legs for..." Izuku reassures as he feels one for all course through his body once more. His movements are strained but he can still move.

They take off into the forest once more. Izuku prays to whatever force out there that they won't encounter any more villains.

Just as they round the clearing, he spots a figure running through the trees

"Sensei!" Relief floods his system as he finds himself face to face with his guardian.

The man's eyes widen as his eyes rack over his body. Izuku cringes as he imagines what he must look like right now.

"Izuku..." Aizawa whispers, his words laced with worry and anger.

"I'm glad I found you! It's bad! The villains want Kacchan! There's a lot I have to tell you but first of all... There's something I have to tell Mandalay!" He rambles as he shifts from one foot to the other. Knowing full well that he's on a time limit and sooner than later, the adrenaline is going to wear off.

"Izuku- "

"Take Kota with you! His quirk can help with the fires! Please protect him!" He's about to take off when a capture weapon wraps around his leg. Not tight enough to trip him but tight enough to make him stop.

"Izuku!" Aizawa's words make him pause. He turns around expecting to be scolds but he's met with a sad look "With those injuries you won't make it!" The man's usual monotone voice is gone. "I know you won't listen if I tell you to stay behind... so, tell Mandalay the following message. In the name of the pro Hero Eraserhead, the students are allowed to fight back!" just Izuku nods his head in understanding. As he's about to go, the man speaks again. "Make it back alive problem child."

Izuku can only nod silently. His eyes harden in determination as he races through the forest again. His mind going a mile a minute as he tries to think of the possible reasons for the villains to want Kacchan.

_______________________________________________

He reaches the clearing he left in what felt like hours ago. Yet, it couldn't have been more than fifty minutes.

Mandalay and Tiger are still there fending off the villains; Pixie-bob is unconscious on the ground, unmoving with a streak of blood through her hair.