Plus Ultra!

"Consider this a declaration of war!" Shinsou says. Satisfied with the bewildered and slightly impressed expressions he has left on the hero course students faces. His eyes roam around the classroom, finally landing on a short kid with green hair. He feels like he'd been hit by a truck. He could only stand frozen on the spot as the boy that hasn't left his thoughts for months dissolved into a state of panic and runs off, out of the classroom and out of Shinsou's reach once again.

He mentally curses himself for letting the boy run off, he wasn't going to let him go again. It's been months since he last saw him. Months since, he left him with his abusive mother, alone to suffer. Months of him trying to get an adult to listen to him. He was the kid with the villain's quirk that nobody dared to even talk to him. He applied for UA and as expected failed the hero courses entrance exam; his quirk wasn't suited to deal with robots after all. Luckily, he already applied for the general course. His homeroom teacher, Snipe, had patiently listened to him as he recounted his story, he told him that all they could do was watch the house and see if there was anything wrong or weird going on. They couldn't arrest someone without proper evidence after all and the lack of name and information made it even harder to start an investigation.
However, the boy was now right in front of him, in the hero course no less. This was the last place he thought he would find him in. He quickly ran after him, he needed to see him, talk to him, apologize for leaving him alone all this time, apologize for not being there for him and saving him like the boy had saved him that night.

He ran through the halls, his attention drawn by a small whimper coming from the boy's bathroom.
He hesitantly stepped in, a small figure was hunched over the sink. The green haired male was shaking, his whole-body shuddering at every breath he took. His hands were holding onto the sink with a death grip, knuckles white and trembling.

Shinsou took a step towards him cautiously. It feels surreal seeing the boy now. He imagined their reunion a million times, hoping it would be, under better circumstances. Somehow, the next time he will see him, the boy will be already saved from his cruel mother. Life wasn't fair though.

"Hey, are- are you okay?" He asked, mentally cursing himself for his stupid question. Of course, the boy wasn't okay.

The boy jumps, visibly startled, only now did he realize that someone else had walked in. He looks up at him with dull eyes, widening slightly in recognition but otherwise blank.

The smaller boy smiles at him, the smile not quite reaching his eyes like it was physically challenging for him to pull such an expression. Despite his attempts at hiding his discomfort, he was still trembling. His breath was heavy and unsteady as if he had just run a marathon.

"Do you- do you remember me?" Shinsou asked voice low and tentative. The boy clearly remembered him as the way he ran off was a clear indication. He has to be sure though.

Izuku nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for abandoning you that night, for not helping you sooner, for not doing anything while you suffered at the hands of that woman." Tears had gathered in his eyes as he looked down, unable to meet the green haired boy's gaze. The frustration and guilt he pent up all this time finally taking over him. He was a failure; how could he ever be a hero?

A gentle hand interrupted his train of thoughts. The boy slowly lifted his chin, making him look up at him. Green emerald eyes met lavender and the boy beamed at him. This smile wasn't fake or forced. This was a real genuine smile; the boy despite his quivering, still smiled up at him. The light had returned slightly in his previously void and empty eyes, no longer blank but full of swirling emotions.

The boy gestured at his throat and then at his mouth, Shinsou was suddenly very aware of the bruises on the kid's throat. Anger boiled inside of him, did his mother do his? Was it from the villain attack? His questions were quickly answered by a note the smaller boy passed to him. Did he write it while he was distracted?