Lost in the void

"I thought I told you to take care of yourself! How on earth did you manage to worsen your wounds Midoriya?! You were supposed to rest! Now they're going to take twice as long to heal." Recovery girl scolded as she fussed over him. She changed the bloodied bandages and cleaned his wounds, applying new dressings once she was done.

"I'm- I'm sorry" He apologized weakly, voice low and tinged with guilt. He gave no explanation as to why he came this morning with additional injuries and bruises worse than the previous day. He'd been too tired and in too much pain yesterday to change his bandages, he hopes coming here wouldn't prove to be a mistake.

Recovery girl seemed to look him over suspiciously. Deciding that she had scolded him enough, she finished wrapping up his injuries and gave him a quick peck on the forehead. The aching he'd been feeling seemed to lessen. Leaving in its place a bone-deep sense of tiredness and drowsiness. His energy instantly seeping away. He gets up from his seated position on the infirmary bed and makes his way towards the door. He lingers by the exit, looking back sheepishly, he thanks the heroine for her healing and hopes that he managed to show her the sincerity of his gratitude.

The elder woman waits a couple of moments after he left and promptly takes out her phone to make a phone call.

Izuku walked up the hall to his classroom. His visit to Recovery girl's office took more time than he had anticipated, he ended up missing his morning class. He could already hear the buzzing of his classmate's voices through the door, their excited and happy chatter probably louder than they'd intended. Gathering whatever resolve he had left he opens the abnormally large door to his classroom. As soon as he walks in, all eyes turn his way. You could have heard a pin drop as a deafening silence falls on the room. However, as abrupt as it came it was quickly interrupted by an outburst of exclamations from many of his classmates all at once. They all gathered around him, rapidly bombarding him with questions and expressing different emotions, varying from worry to praise.

"Midoriya! You're back!" A girl with pink skin and horns on her head exclaims. He thinks her name was Mina Ashido, she had a quirk that could let her produce acid from her body.

He doesn't have time to actually respond as a series of different greetings interrupt him.

"We were worried about you dude! One moment you were fine and the next thing we knew the screens went dark!" A blonde guy with black, lightning shaped strands in his hair yelled." My name is Kaminari Denki by the way!"

"Kirishima Eijirou! A boy with spiky red hair called out, he recalled him to be the guy with the hardening quirk, he had the ability to harden his body into a sturdy rock-like material. "You were so manly out there! You took out Bakugou and destroyed that building like it was nothing!" He grins up at him. His teeth, despite their sharpness and originally intimidating appearance, radiate nothing but kindness and friendliness.

"Ahh..." He tries to form some kind of response but his mind seemed to have short-circuited at all the positive emotions directed at him. It's stunning, to say the least. He's come to be used to the constant negative emotions and malicious intent directed towards him. He can't help it now but feel overwhelmed. He's just so confused. All his life he'd been raised to believe that he's nothing more than a burden. Worthless and useless to those around him, he didn't deserve any kindness. So why were they being so nice to him now? Didn't they know how pathetic he was? What made them believe that he was worth anything. His mother was right. He was nothing more than a nuisance. His heart rate spikes up at the thoughts going through his head, the rest of the chatter turning to static in the background as he slowly worked himself into a panic attack.

Thankfully Iida seemed to notice his predicament and decided to step in. "Give him some room. You need to be considerate of your classmate's personal space!" He shouted, his posture stiff and hands moving in a shopping motion.