4

"I know, baby. It's okay. I've got you, my love." Lauren coos once the little one is sitting on her lap, leaning heavily against her. She moves her hands to rub her daughter's back, the tiny girl letting out a loud cry and pushing her Mother's hands away.

"Calm her down, Lauren. This is important." Clara sighs, her eyes not moving from where they're set on the tv.

"I'm trying, Mom. It's not that easy." The raven haired girl grits her teeth, trying to keep her voice calm.

"Hold her, the poor thing is clearly after a cuddle look at her." The brunette rolls her eyes, standing and moving over to take the child.

Camila starts to sob harder at the contact, "nonono! Nonono!"

"Mom, stop! She doesn't want to be touched." The tiny girl kicks her legs, throwing her head back as she starts to hit out.

"Stop it, Camila!" Clara commands firmly, holding the child tighter to limit her movements.

"Let. Her. Go." Lauren practically growls, pulling her baby back into her arms before grabbing their stuff and storming out of the house.

"Mama." Camila sobs, her face pressed tightly to the woman's neck.

"I know, mi vida. Mama's got you, angel. Let's get you home, mh?" The green eyed girl soothes, moving to set the little one into her car seat only for her to arch her back and cry harder.

"Shh, baby, it's alright. Settle down for Mama, princesa. C'mon, Mila, calm down." She sighs, trying to settle the child into her seat as she gently pushes down on the girl's stomach to encourage her to sit down.

"Inhala, exhala, mi amor." Lauren demonstrates before starting to sing to the little one, distracting her just long enough to get her strapped in and the door closed.

Camila wails at the action, kicking her legs as Lauren starts the car and begins the drive home. "I know, nena. I'm sorry."

————
"She calmed down as soon as I got her home, I knew I shouldn't have taken her to my Mom's when all those people were gonna be there." Lauren sighs, running a stressed hand through her hair as she glances over at her sleeping baby.

"It's not your fault, Laur. You took her out of the situation when it got too much for her, you calmed her down when she was upset. You were exactly what she needed, babe." Normani replies, tugging the younger girl into a hug.

"I just wish she could tell me what she needs."

"I know, but you're pretty good at knowing anyway." The brunette smiles reassuringly.

"Thanks, Mani."

————

"Spin round." Camila grins, eyes bright as she tugs on her mother's hand.

"Good girl." Lauren smiles, holding both of her daughter's hands in her own before starting to spin the two of them in circles.

"Ring-a-ring o' roses,
A pocket full of posies,
A-tishoo! A-tishoo!
We all fall down.
Ashes in the water,
Ashes in the sea,
Ashes in the dustbin,
Up jumps me!" Lauren sings, throwing her baby up in the air, causing her to giggle loudly.

"Spin round." The tiny brunette laughs, tugging on the woman's hands again.

They play for around fifteen minutes before the little one decides she's had enough, making her way into the kitchen with her mother close behind.

"Mi'?" She asks, grabbing her bottle from the table and holding it out to the older woman.

"Clever girl, baby!" Lauren praises, "Mama'll get your milk for you."

"There you go, angel." She hands the bottle over to the toddler, smiling as she watches her immediately start to suckle, her arms stretching up towards her Mama. "Oh you want cuddles today, huh?"

"But-up." Camila mumbles around her bottle, touching her fingers to Lauren's mouth.

The green eyed girl smiles, lovingly pressing a kiss to her daughter's tiny hand.

"Why do you build me up buttercup, baby
Just to let me down and mess me around?
And then worst of all you never call, baby
When you say you will but I love you still
I need you, more than anyone, darlin'
You know that I have from the start
So build me up buttercup, don't break my heart."