❥ elle {writer, confidante}

Ciao!

• I'm Elle. You can call me Ellie, Ella, or simply Elle. I'd like to think of myself as a pretty normal Christian girl in West Africa.

• I love reading, drawing(though I don't do it as much as I should) and of course, writing.

• You can all check out my works on my profile, stxllar_ #shamelessselfpromo ;)

• You can also pm me if you need encouragement or simply want to talk. I'd love to make friends!

• I obsess over a lot of authors: from John Green to J. K. Rowling to Francine Rivers (p.s. if you obsess over them, let's talk! )
My other writing inspirations, just to mention a few, are Oscar Wilde, the Brontës, and Antoine de Saint-Exupéry-- he wrote The Little Prince :)

• I love dogs. My parents don't, unfortunately :((

• I love learning new languages. Currently, I'm learning Italian and Latin.

• I'm a recovering chocolate addict, an unhealthy procrastinator, and I spend more time making lists than doing what's on those lists.

• I love any shade of purple except lilac.

• I live for music by: LECRAE, GAWVI, KB, FOR KING & COUNTRY, SOCIAL CLUB MISFITS, HOLLYN, WHY DON'T WE, ALEC BENJAMIN, SUFJAN STEVENS, AND SIA.

• I update the Prayer Book, SGC Quotes, and Girls Guide.

• My biggest inspiration: easy. My mom. She was born with Sickle Cell Anaemia, a medical condition passed down from two carriers of the S gene. (In other words, if a guy whose genotype is AS marries someone with the same genotype and they have kids, there's a high possibility one of them will be born with Sickle Cell Anaemia.)

My mom has suffered a lot in life. If not for prayers, mostly- I know she won't be here today. Against all odds, and I mean ALL, she got married, had two kids, wrote and published a book, is in the process of writing more, and has donated to several Sickle Cell NGOs.

She's gone through it all, you name it.  But she's still here. She didn't succumb. She never did. She held on to her faith in those hard times, and that-coupled with the faith of others-is what saved her.

She's the main reason I wanted to join this club. She's inspired me and others so much, and I hope I can inspire others in the same way. But sometimes, it's hard not to crumble under the weight of the world yourself. That's why anytime I feel like giving up, or like there is no hope, I just look at my mom. Her whole life has been a miracle. And it continues to be.

I hope this encourages someone out there. Don't give up. You aren't alone in this. Besides, you don't have to fight the storm all on your own. Give your battles to God, cause He's right there, fighting for you.

love, ellie xoxo