Chapter 39 - The Decision

(Y/N)'s POV
"💧︎◆︎♍︎♒︎ ♋︎ ◻︎♓︎⧫︎⍓︎📬︎ ✋︎■︎ ⧫︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ♍︎♋︎⬧︎♏︎📪︎ ⬥︎♏︎ ⬥︎♓︎●︎●︎ ♍︎□︎■︎⧫︎♓︎■︎◆︎♏︎ □︎■︎ □︎◆︎❒︎ □︎⬥︎■︎📬︎(Such a pity. In that case, we will continue on our own.)" Gaster summoned Ink's paintbrush and Ink attacked Error, wrapping him in purple strings and bringing him back to his universe. Gaster took back his soul from Error and all that was left was the DETERMINATION. Everything turned black, we were somewhere else.

Chara's soul faded, "All my efforts... were for nothing." They started to cry, "I'm supposed to never lose...! IT'S NOT FAIR! IT'S NOT FAIR!" Chara faded away and all that was left was a golden heart necklace.

"✌︎❒︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ♍︎❒︎⍓︎♓︎■︎♑︎✍︎ □︎♒︎📪︎ ♍︎♒︎♋︎❒︎♋︎📬︎📬︎📬︎ 🕈︎♏︎ 🙵■︎♏︎⬥︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎ ⬥︎□︎◆︎●︎♎︎ ♒︎♋︎◻︎◻︎♏︎■︎📬︎ ✡︎□︎◆︎ ♒︎♋︎❖︎♏︎ ♋︎ ●︎□︎⧫︎ □︎♐︎ ◻︎□︎⧫︎♏︎■︎⧫︎♓︎♋︎●︎📪︎ ♌︎◆︎⧫︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ⬧︎⧫︎♓︎●︎●︎ ♒︎♋︎❖︎♏︎ ⬧︎□︎ ❍︎◆︎♍︎♒︎ ⧫︎□︎ ●︎♏︎♋︎❒︎■︎📬︎(Are you crying? Oh, Chara... We knew this would happen. You have a lot of potential, but you still have so much to learn.)" Gaster took the necklace, "❄︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎❼︎⬧︎ ⬥︎♒︎⍓︎ ♓︎ ■︎♏︎♏︎♎︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ⧫︎□︎ ❒︎♏︎⬧︎⧫︎ ♋︎■︎♎︎ ⬥︎♋︎⧫︎♍︎♒︎📪︎ ⬧︎♓︎■︎♍︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❼︎❒︎♏︎ ■︎□︎⧫︎ ♑︎□︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♋︎◻︎□︎●︎□︎♑︎♓︎⌘︎♏︎ ♐︎□︎❒︎ ♏︎❖︎♏︎❒︎⍓︎⧫︎♒︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ♎︎♓︎♎︎📬︎(That's why I need you to rest and watch, since you're not going to apologize for everything you did.)"

Gaster summoned his attacks and struck everyone besides me, their souls were shattered. I didn't know what to do or how to react. "I-I... w-what... did you do...?"

He smiles, "✌︎⬧︎ ♐︎□︎❒︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎📪︎ ♓︎ ⬥︎♓︎●︎●︎ ♋︎●︎●︎□︎⬥︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♒︎♋︎❖︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ □︎⬥︎■︎ ♒︎♋︎◻︎◻︎⍓︎ ♏︎■︎♎︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⧫︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ♍︎♋︎■︎ ♍︎♒︎□︎□︎⬧︎♏︎📬︎(As for you, I will allow you to have your own happy ending that you can choose.)" Just then, a bright light shined and I opened my eyes to see that we were in a completely different area and all the Sanses I knew surrounded me in a circle, with glitches around their eyes.

"...W-What is this...?"

"🏱︎♓︎♍︎🙵 ⬥︎♒︎□︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ⬥︎♋︎■︎⧫︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♌︎♏︎ ⬥︎♓︎⧫︎♒︎ ♐︎□︎❒︎♏︎❖︎♏︎❒︎📪︎ ♐︎□︎❒︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ □︎⬥︎■︎ ♒︎♋︎◻︎◻︎⍓︎ ♏︎■︎♎︎♓︎■︎♑︎📬︎(Pick who you want to be with forever, for your own happy ending.)"

... Who did I fall in love with?