Chapter 4 - Storytime

(Y/N)'s POV
"Does anyone have suggestions for a story I could tell?" I asked.

"Oh!" Blue raised his hand, "What about you! A story about you!"

I thought for a bit, "Alright," and I cleared my throat....

Years ago, a royal scientist by the name of Gaster, was doing experiments on human souls, testing their full capabilities. One day, an accident happened and that brought me into the world. I know it's a pretty weird start but, when I was born, the scientist didn't know what to do with me. Soon enough, he took me in and took care of me like a daughter. He taught me many things and made me fascinated with science. As soon as I was five, I was able to help him around the lab, as his assistant. After these years of raising me, he decided to do the same experiment that created me. Again, he made an error and that made my little sister, Papyrus. He took her into his care but I was the one who took the most care for her, considering he had a pretty busy life.

We all grew up as a happy family until one day. While I was home taking care of my sister and my father was still at work, I got news from the king. The king told me that my father... after attempting to make the core... he disappeared.... So, that left me with my little sister. I was devastated about my father's death and I took full responsibility in taking care of my sister. She was still too young to understand the things I was going through so, she forgot who our father was. A few years after the accident, a new royal scientist replaced Gaster, her name is Alphys, I believe. During that time, the king was looking out for monster souls... that story is different on its own....

Blue interrupted, "Can you tell us that one too?" I nod.

Before the king was searching for monster souls, he had a wonderful family with the queen and his son. It wasn't until one day, a monster fell into the underground. The prince found the monster and helped them. Pretty soon, they became apart of the family. They were a very happy family. It wasn't until the monster fell ill. Their illness was unknown to the humans so, there wasn't any cure for it. Hearing this news, the monster requested to see the golden flowers of their village, on the surface. But here's the thing, doing something like that could kill a human if they dare pass the barrier.

Still, the prince took it upon himself. He absorbed the monster's soul and carried their body across the barrier, back to their home village. Both the prince and the monster shared control of the prince's body after their souls were combined. When the villagers saw the prince, they assumed the worst of him; attacking and killing the monster child. The villagers savagely attacked them but the prince did not fight back, nor did they run back home. After the monsters brutally injured the prince, he returned home to the underground but sadly passed away. His body turned into dust, spreading across the garden in New Home.

The horrible tragedy of the children's deaths led the king to declare war on the monsters because of anger. He swore to kill any monster that fell into the underground and devised a plan to use their souls to break the barrier in order to destroy all the monsters. After hearing this news from the king, the queen became disgusted in his actions and behavior, left him. Even after that, the king continues to collect the souls of the monsters. Now, he has six of them and only needs one more to complete the barrier destruction.

Now continuing on with my story, my sister became very interested in joining the royal guards, it was her all-time dream. She was so interested that she went to the house of the leader, which is Undyne. Of course, she closed the door in front of her face, since it was literally the middle of the night. So, my sister stayed there all night. When Undyne saw her, she was quite shocked. So, instead of letting her into the royal guard, she gave her cooking lessons instead, but if my sister was able to capture a monster, then she'll become a royal guard member. So, she begged me to help her. I did but I always end up falling asleep. And that's the end, for now.

After I finished my story, everyone was fast asleep. I took my pillow and blanket from my bed, turned off the lights, then teleported on the couch. I settled on the couch and slept for the night. Another night, another dream but this dream, in particular, wasn't that great.

I was walking through Snowdin until I caught sight of my sister talking to a monster kid. I watched them talking through the trees then I heard my sister trying to convince the kid to stop killing all the humans, that they could be a better person if they try. As my sister was giving her that advice, the kid took small steps towards her, which led her to believe that it was a hug. But it was anything besides her. That brat attacked her. Not soon after, she was decapitated. My heart dropped, this can't be real, what the hell?! I looked back to see my sister's dust fly through the snow and what was left of her was her red scarf. As soon as the kid left, I dashed over to her remains, shakingly taking it into my hands. Why Papyrus...? She didn't do anything besides help the kid out and this happened to her.... I took her scarf and wrapped it around my neck, "This kid's gonna have a BAD TIME!"

The dream woke me up, I was sweating so much, my heart was racing uncontrollably, my left eye was glowing. I teleported into Papyrus's room, she was still there, thank stars. I hate having dreams like this, even thinking of something like that kills me. I went out of her room and walk around the upstairs, I just need to calm down, that's all. I reached the end, and there was my room. I opened the door to see everyone asleep.

Before I closed the door, Dream woke up, "(Y/N)...?" He whispered.

"Sorry for waking you up, I was just checking on you guys...." I shut the door and teleported back to the couch, then I went back to rest for the night....