Chapter 20 - A Gift

(Y/N)'s POV
I was making a whole storm of puns and jokes, it was absolutely great and a new record for the number of jokes I can crack up in just a few minutes. Cross even joined in and Chara wasn't pleased with it, but at least we were having a great time together. Eventually, Chara had enough of our jokes and screamed at us. There was a short silence that was interrupted with me laughing, "Goodness, Chara...! I was laughing so hard that I almost started COFFIN."

Cross giggled, "... Kill me now." Chara murmured.

Just then, a portal opened and out came Ink and Dream. I happily welcomed them and said my goodbyes to Cross and Chara. Everyone went through the portal, except for Ink. He told Dream that he needed to talk to me about something. Then it was just us two. It seems like Ink got a new outfit; a long sleeve, white undershirt with a small brown jacket over it, overalls with the tops tucked into his waist, the legs are very wide at the bottoms, with creases around the legs, and he has no shoes, instead, he goes barefoot with a pair of leggings. Definitely something I need to adjust to seeing but I think his new attire is quite nice and simplistic.

Ink reached into his pocket and pulled out a beautiful silver clear marble necklace and handed it to me. I wasn't sure at first what Ink was doing, but it came to me; he was giving it to me.I took it and gazed up on it. Although it was something simple, something about it made it so mesmerizing.

"... It's honestly breathtaking."

Ink nods, "Yep! Do you wanna wear it?"

"Oh! Sure..." I took Papyrus's scarf off and Ink clipped on the necklace, I looked at the marble and there was a (F/C) heart in it. "Woah... is that my soul?"

"Yep! Isn't it neat?"

"It's more than neat... how is this possible?"

Ink chuckled, "Well, I had a little help from Core Frisk and Sci."

I got up and hugged Ink, "Thank you..."

"Of course, (Y/N)!

I pulled away and placed my hand on Ink's cheek, "Inky..." He blushes.

"Y-Yes, (Y/N)?"

"Your blush is quite adorable, it's a rainbow."

Ink's POV
(Y/N) was getting close to me, her chest was pressing up against me and her face was inches away from mine. Oh, stars! What's going on? Is she going to kiss me? What should I do? I don't want to get the wrong idea and do something stupid, but what am I supposed to think in a situation like this? She has never been this forward to me or any other Sans, unless if she's drunk, but that's beside the point. Stars, I need to calm down before I get too excited.

She started to move her face closer, my face started to heat up more and I lost it from there; my excitement got to me and I vomited Ink on (Y/N)'s clothes. I quickly apologized to her but she started to laugh and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed, "I didn't INK this would happen but it did."

"I'm so sorry, your clothes are a mess now..."

"It PAINT a big deal, I'll just throw it into the washer."

"But-" She cuts me off.

"Really, it's fine." She smiles, "So relax, I'll get things cleaned up."

She summoned a bucket of water and mop, then used her telekinesis to clean up the mess. While that was happening, she teleported away. Stars, I'm such an idiot. Of all things that could've happened, the worst happened and I ruined the moment. I covered my face in embarrassment and sighed. At least (Y/N) had a good laugh at it, I'm glad she thinks it was funny.

After some time, she teleported back; her hair was wet and she was wearing a white shirt and shorts. She stopped the mopping and teleported the bucket and mop away. She looked over to me then summoned a handkerchief and wiped my chin.

"At least your clothes didn't get dirty." She smiles, "You know, I like your new attire, it suits you well."

I blush, "Thank you."

"Hey, Ink..."

"Yes, (Y/N)?"

"Shouldn't you be with Dream and Cross?"

I jumped, "Stars! You're right, I overstayed my visit!"

She giggles, "It's fine, I enjoyed your company."

I summoned a portal and said my goodbye to (Y/N), but before I left, she grabbed my hand and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, wishing me a good day afterward. Stars, I think I'm falling in love with her.