Chapter 7

(A/N): Hope this is long enough :). I'm really sorry for the late update, but I hope you enjoy this chapter x

____________

"Is he..." I trailed off, not wanting to assume that anything could have happened to my father.

"I don't know - I really don't," she squeaked.

"H-how did this happen?" I stuttered.

"The plane crashed into the water. One of the engines malfunctioned." She sniffed.

"Well- I mean, how did you even find out about the plane crash?" I clasped my hands together to stop them from trembling.

"The airline called. They said some people have gone missing and a couple have died," she quickly wiped her tears away and got up, heading towards the door "I'm sure nothing happened to him, I would know if something happened to him," she shook her head as if trying to convince herself instead of me.

"Yeah, everything's gonna be okay," she said as she gave me a sad smile, exiting the room and closing the door behind her. I buried my face into my hands and cried like there was no tomorrow. The fact that I hadn't seen him for three weeks didn't really help, either.

I waited rather impatiently for my dad to walk into our house, safe and sound, but it was getting really late, and I was starting to believe that he was gone. My heart nearly leapt out of my chest when the doorbell went off, and huge smile found its way onto my face as my legs carried me all the way downstairs.

"Dad!" I said, the second I opened the door, expecting to lay eyes on my father, but instead, I saw Niall standing by the door, looking at me sympathetically.

"Oh," I said, looking disappointed, "I'm sorry, I thought you were my dad." I said, climbing up the stairs, with him following me. He caught my hand and stopped me, tugging at my arm and pulling me into an embrace. I squeezed my eyes closed and willed myself not to cry as he rubbed circles onto my back.

"Ma told me about what happened," he said as he pulled away before taking me to my room, closing the door behind us and sitting on my bed.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine," He put his hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner as I sat down next to him.

"But what if he isn't fine? I mean, my mom said some passengers are missing and two others are dead," I yelled, the tears threatening to come out of my eyes again.

"Look, we don't know who those people are yet. Ma said the plane crashed into the water so that means there's a pretty good chance he escaped before the plane drowned." Niall comforted.

There was something about Niall's tone that made me believe him. He spoke confidently, and his tone wasn't one that held not even a speck of doubt or unsureness. Still, he couldn't take away my pain, only alleviate it.

"I hope you're right." I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand.

"I'm always right," he said with a smug expression and I laughed through my tears.

"How about we watch a movie? To get your mind off of things," he suggested.

"I don't know if I'm in the mood, Niall," I ran my hand through my hair.

"You're not, but you can't just keep sitting here worrying about this. It's not gonna do anyone any good. Come on," he stood up and reached his hand out to me.

I grabbed his hand with a small smile and began to follow him downstairs. I said his name as we were walking down the hall, making him slow to a stop and turn back around to look at me.