Chapter 46

"You seriously haven't seen the video," Trevor said incredulously.

"No, I haven't seen the goddamn video! Where can I find it?" I said, already standing up and looking for my laptop around the room.

"Open your Facebook. I just sent you the link, but please just calm down."

"I am very calm so don't you tell me to- oh, there's the laptop. There's the laptop," I gushed, a little out of breath. I put Trevor on speaker, sat back on the bed, placing the laptop on my crossed legs and turning it on. I clicked the browser and went on Facebook, my eyes darting straight towards the chat bar where I opened Trevor's message. I clicked the link and a new tab was opened. As soon as the page loaded, I clicked the video and lowered the volume in fear of Niall hearing anything.

The video was extremely blurry as the place was fairly dark, and unlucky for the bastard who shot the video, he or she couldn't keep their hands steady, which contributed greatly in making the image even less clear. In spite of all that, I could still make out the two figures standing by the wall. Niall was leant against it and I was standing in front of him. At some point he put his hands on my hips, the cigarette between his fingers shown. He leaned in, and so did I. Even though we hadn't kissed last night, it looked like we did in the video. It was taken from an angle where you couldn't tell if the kiss really happened.

We almost kissed, I had to admit, but we didn't, but of course, no one would ever know that we didn't. It pretty much looked like we were a normal couple, standing by the wall at a club, getting intimate, even though it was nothing like that. I was a nervous wreck and Niall was a hot mess, but no one would ever know, including him.

"Have you seen it?" Trevor's voice echoed around the walls. I almost forgot he was still on the phone with me.

I licked my lips then bit on my lower one, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, putting him off speaker and pressing the phone to my ear, "Trevor, I'm gonna have to talk to you later."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I just- need some time to think," I ran a hand through my hair, tilting my head up in frustration.

"Sure, but even though I don't know what's going on with you right now, if you need me, I'm here. You know that, right?" he cooed.

I smiled weakly, "Thank you, Trev."

"No problem, so, I guess I'll- talk to you later?"

"Sure."

"Alright, bye." I hung up.

The whole world got the wrong message from a low quality, ten second video, but I didn't care what the world thought. That wasn't why I got so stressed over the issue. I was terrified of how Niall would react when he saw the video.

Has he even seen it? I asked myself.

He's been on his phone all day doing only god-knows-what. Of course he's seen it! I thought.

But if he has actually seen it, why hasn't he said anything yet?

Clearing all the thoughts out of my head, I took a deep breath and rubbed my cold hands together in an attempt to stop them from shaking. I stood up and headed for the door, leaving the room. I walked cautiously to the love seat Niall was laying across, each step I made sounding extra loud in my head. I tried to slow down my breathing but to no avail.

The last time I was this flustered was last night, not when we were at the club, but when we were in my room and he gave me the mark that was still present on my neck in all it's glory.

I sat on the chair beside the love seat and slowly moved my eyes to meet Niall's figure. His chest was moving up and down as quickly as mine was, and his cheeks were slightly red, as if he's been running. I shook my head and huffed slightly, knowing he had been eavesdropping, I also knew he ran as soon as he heard me end the call, but I didn't have the strength to be mad at him. I was too nervous, too busy being scared to get angry. I didn't know if he had seen the video yet or not, but I had to find out.

I stood up and patted Niall's legs, like earlier, silently asking him to move them away. He bent his knees again, and I sat down in the space he gave me. His phone was no longer in his hand and I didn't know whether to be relieved or more worried than before.

"So..." I spoke up, he stayed silent. I tensed up.

"What...have you been doing?" I breathed out.

"Nothing," he replied briefly, his tone flat.

"Something wrong?" I played dumb.

"No," he crossed his arms over his chest and closed his eyes, turning his body over and laying on his side, knees to chest.

"Doesn't look like there's nothing wrong," I raised an eyebrow.

"Well there is. Nothing wrong, I mean. There is nothing wrong," He said, his eyes still closed.

"Okay then, well, since nothing's wrong, how about we watch a movie or something?" I suggested.

"I don't want to watch a movie," he mumbled.

"Alright, alright, so what would you like to do?"

"Sleep."

"Oh, come on. I'm bored, don't sleep." I pouted.

"Rachel, please, I'm tired and I wanna sleep," he said.

I pursed my lips, "Okay," I nodded, "Alright, I won't bug you anymore," I forced a smile and got up, breathing deeply then heading to my bedroom. I needed to clear my mind off of everything, and the only way to do that was sleep. I headed to my room and after a long struggle, I managed to fall into a world of nonexistence.

~

I woke up to the sound of a door opening as well as footsteps. I tried to ignore it but I still tensed up when I heard the door of my closet being opened. As I grew more conscious and awake, I remembered that I wasn't the only one in the apartment, and that it was probably Niall in the room. I looked at the digital clock on my bedside table and saw that it was three am. I turned around in my bed so I could face Niall, who wasn't aware of my awakening and was looking through my side of the closet. My side of the closet.

My side of the closet.

"What are you doing?" I asked groggily, rubbing my eyes.

He looked startled and almost tripped over his own feet as he turned around to look at me. "You're awake!"

"No kidding, you woke me up." I complained.

"Sorry."

"What are you doing anyway?" I asked as I sat up, resting my back against the headboard.

"Oh, um, just looking for my...belt," he stammered.

"At three am?" I yawned.

"Yeah," he closed the closet doors and came to sit next to me on the bed. He put his hands on my shoulders and gently pushed my body down as he said, "Come on, just go back to sleep."

I yawned again and nodded, setting my head back on the pillow. He dug his fingers through my hair and played with it, his little gesture helping me fall back into sleep. The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes was the distant look in Niall's eyes.

______________

(A/N): Surprise Update!
Still going through a writers block. It sucks. I hate it. I. Am. Frustrated.

THAT RHYMED.

15+ comments for the next chapter?

bAi.

-Angie x