Chapter 44

I chuckled, "Niall, what are you doing?"

"Hugging you," he mumbled into the fabric of my shirt.

"Why?" I laughed.

"Because it feels nice," he admitted and I felt the butterflies in my stomach do a somersault.

He hugged my tighter and I nearly choked, "Okay, now you're strangling me."

"I don't care," he kept his firm grip around my torso and I chuckled.

"Yeah, well I don't think you're gonna like hugging a dead body," I said, my words muffled by his shoulder.

"Fine," he said and I could imagine him rolling his eyes playfully. He pulled away, releasing my body. I stretched my arms in front of me and sat properly, placing my hands on my lap. Niall started to lay down, but kept his head up to say, "Move your hands."

I gave him a questioning look, but moved my hands away from my lap anyway. As soon as I did, he rested his head on my lap and made himself comfortable. I chuckled at his movements, but didn't comment on them.

"You were gone for a really long time; where were you?" I started a conversation.

"I went to the lads' hotel." he said as he fiddled with his fingers, his knees bent in front of him and his feet placed on the couch.

"Really?"

"Yeah, hung out with Harry," I just nodded at that, "oh, and guess what?"

"What?"

"Liam knows that you and I have been friends since we were little," he moved his chin up to get a better look at me.

"He does?"

"Yeah, Harry told him everything," he said, tilting his head back down.

"Well, he had to find out somehow," I shrugged.

"You're not mad?" he asked worriedly.

"No, not really. I mean, we've got nothing to hide. Plus, all the boys know by now that we've known each other from before. They just don't know the whole story yet."

"Everyone does," he chuckled, "Well, except for Zayn. He just doesn't like to snoop. Or he just doesn't care," he joked.

"We're gonna tell him, eventually..." I said while nodding my head.

"Yeah, eventually," he chuckled, "so how was your day?"

"Pretty boring, actually. I didn't do anything but sit in front of the TV and eat."

"You know it was boring because I wasn't there to entertain you," he said smugly, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh, please. I get bored even when you're here," I argued.

"Well, are you bored now?" he asked and quirked an eyebrow.

"No."

"Then that just proves my theory," he grinned.

"Whatever," I scoffed and looked away, unconsciously digging my fingers through his hair, moving them around. When I looked back at Niall, his eyes had fluttered shut, a smile plastered across his features. I proceeded to move my hand away, but he instantly held my wrist,

"No, keep going, keep going," he said, his eyes still closed. My breath caught up in my throat and a faint blush was brought to my cheeks. I put my fingers, which occasionally brushed his scalp, back into his blond locks then very lightly tugged at them and I could have sworn I heard him moan.

"What was that?" I asked, trying to stifle a laugh.

"What was what?" he asked, his cheeks turning red as well as the tips of his ears. He knew exactly what I meant.

"That sound you just made," I teased and he blushed even more.

"You're hearing things," his voice cracked.

"Riiiight," I rolled my eyes as I smiled.

He opened his own eyes and bit his lip, tilting his head back to look at me, "Sorry."

I laughed, "Don't apologize, I was just kidding."

"That was so embarrassing," he rolled over onto his side, hiding his face into my stomach as I lifted my hands to my sides, laughing slightly. He wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face deeper in, his knees almost touching his chest as he brought them up.

"Nice Calvins," I pointed at his backside where his boxers were poking out.

"Stop looking at my bum," he jokingly hit my arm and I laughed.

"Are you comfortable in this position?" I raised an eyebrow while smiling.

"Very," he said, his voice muffled.

"You do realize I'm not a pillow, right?"

"You feel as comfy as one, though."

"Get yourself a real pillow, Niall." I said.

"Why?" he whined.

"Because I need to go to the bathroom."

"Can't you just hold it?" he whined.

"No!" I scolded and he snickered, "get off," I pushed his body, attempting to throw it to the ground, but failed.

"Fine, but only because I don't want you wetting the couch," he got up and fixed his hair, sitting up.

I flipped him the finger and stood up, walking to the bathroom.

"Fuck you, too!" he called out in a singsong as I closed the bathroom door behind me and rolled my eyes, shaking my head playfully.

I was in love with an idiot, and maybe, just maybe, he liked me back.

"You're gonna do this again?" I said to myself out loud and laughed, shaking my head.

"Stop talking to yourself, you weirdo," Niall called out from the living room.

And I was left off wondering, how the fuck did he hear that?
______________

(A/N): SURPRISE UPDATE! I don't really like this chapter. Meh...

I GOT A FAIR AMOUNT OF VOTES AND COMMENTS LAST TIME WHICH REALLY MOTIVATED ME TO UPDATE, SO HOW ABOUT YOU DO THAT AGAIN? PLEASE COMMENT/VOTE (or do both and I'll love you forever).

Have you followed me on Instagram, yet? Do it now! My username is @itsangie_x

P.S: I won't tell you when the story's coming close to an end. Lmao, I don't give spoilers and you know that. I like surprises :p

-Angie xx