Chapter 25

"Well, I understand where you're coming from but you're still a dick for hurting her like that," Harry lectured me.

"That's what I was afraid of." I muttered to myself, but apparently Harry heard me.

"What were you afraid of?" Harry questioned curiously.

"I just-- I knew that after I tell you about what I did to Rachel you'd look at me differently, I guess," I shrugged and he sighed,

"I don't see you any differently than I did five minutes ago," he chuckled and continued, "you've always been a sort of a dick," Harry said and when he saw the look on my face, he laughed and shook his head, "I'm joking. I know you didn't mean to hurt Rachel. You just need to apologize to her, mate."

Well there's an idea.

I shook my head and scoffed, "You don't think I've already done that? I've tried apologizing over a thousand times," I sighed, "She doesn't want me anymore," I ran a hand through my hair and massaged my temples in frustration.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows in deep thought as he paced back and forth. He finally stopped and faced me as he spoke, "I can help you get some time alone with her; explain things,"

I grinned hopefully. This could work. I never had the chance to have a proper conversation with her, and I needed to explain myself.

"You'd do that?" I asked, pleased with Harry's offer.

"Of course, it's the least I could do," Harry said as he smiled back at me.

"Thanks," I said and nodded.

"No problem," he paused, "but make sure she's in a good mood before you talk to her. That girl can be quite aggressive," Harry warned and I laughed. It was odd listening to Harry calling the harmless girl I grew up with 'aggressive,' but there was a lot about Rachel that I apparently didn't know.

"I'll keep that in mind," I chuckled.

"We better get going, then. The rest are probably wondering where we are," Harry referred to Rachel and the other boys, though I wasn't so sure if Rachel was actually wondering about our whereabouts.

Maybe she cared just a little, but probably because we were her ride home.

"Yeah, let's go," I jumped off the sink and followed Harry out the door.

"Now, listen. I'm not gonna start treating her any differently all of a sudden because she might get suspicious and find out you told me something. So as far as she knows, I can't stand her, okay?" he yelled due to the loud music that was playing as we exited the loo.

"Cool," I yelled back and gave him a thumbs up before he nodded and walked with walked towards the boys and Rachel. They were standing by the table, looking around the club, probably in search for Harry and I.

I saw Liam point at us and my assumptions were confirmed.

As Harry and I inched closer to the table, Liam spoke up in a slightly angered tone, "Where have you been?"

I looked at Harry for help,

"Niall was in the loo and I was at the bar," he lied.

"What are you talking about? I looked for you at the bar and you weren't there," Louis argued.

"No, I was there, you probably just didn't see me," Harry lied again.

Louis shrugged, "Maybe."

"Alright, let's go, we're all tired," Zayn said and we all agreed with him as we began to walk towards the exit and to our limo.

~*~