Chapter 45

I got a change of clothes as well as a towel and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. As I walked towards the bathroom, my eyes briefly fell upon Niall's figure sprawled lazily across the love seat with his phone in his hands, his finger scrolling up and down aimlessly.

Once I was done with my shower, I got dressed and left the warm bathroom, walking out, the cold breeze nipping at my exposed skin. I walked to the living room where Niall was still in the same position as earlier. I picked up my phone from the coffee table and saw that I had a missed call from Trevor.

"Niall, move your legs, I wanna sit down," I patted his legs lightly, motioning for him to move them away as I simultaneously dialed Trevor's number. Niall bent his knees, giving me space to sit, but soon enough rested his legs on top of my lap, grinning sheepishly. I shook my head and balanced my cellphone between my head and shoulder, waiting for Trevor to pick up.

"Hey, Raich," he answered.

"Trevor, hi," smiled and looked at Niall who was looking away from me, his brows furrowed. I rolled my eyes slightly and tore my gaze away from him.

"I called you earlier but you didn't answer. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, everything's fine. I was in the shower," I said, explaining why I didn't answer the phone.

"Oh, okay. Um, so I wanted to tell you something," he hesitantly said.

"Go ahead," I encouraged.

"Well, is there anybody near you? Precisely someone who goes by the name Niall?" he lowered his voice by the end of the sentence.

I briefly glanced at Niall whom was fiddling with his fingers distractedly, "Yeah?" I answered Trevor.

"Could you possibly sit somewhere else? Some place where he can't hear what we're saying?" He said and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion even though he couldn't see me. I felt Niall's eyes on me so I looked his way. I caught him for one second before he turned away, as if he wasn't staring the whole time. I assumed that he had heard what Trevor said. I inwardly made a note-to-self to lower the volume on my phone next time.

"Sure," I said and pushed Niall's legs away, abruptly standing up and heading into the bedroom. I closed the door behind me and took a seat on the edge of the bed. "Alright, shoot."

"So, remember last night? At the club?" He wasted no time in getting to the point.

"Yeah..."

"Richie told me you borrowed his car and left early because your boyfriend wasn't feeling well." he said and my eyes involuntarily widened.

"Woah, Niall is not my boyfriend," I said quickly and laughed. It felt weird hearing that come out of someone else's mouth.

Trevor paused for a few seconds, "Oh," he sounded surprised, "anyway, back to the point. So, I just wanted to ask you, was Niall on drugs last night?"

My mouth fell open, "How did you know that?"

"So he was," he half stated, half asked.

"Yes, he was," I said dubiously.

"Do you know who gave him the drugs?" he asked.

"No."

"Kim and I broke up this morning," I was left extremely baffled due to the absolute irrelevance of his statement.

"I'm sorry for that, but what does this have to do with anything?"

"Kim slipped something in Niall's drink last night. She also gave him Salvia," he said and my breath caught as I remembered the funny looking cigarette I found in his hand.