Chapter 15

(A/N): I have got no words to say, all I'm asking you to do is to enjoy this chapter and to read the author's note at the end of the chapter AFTER you're done reading :) x Oh, and Rachel's outfit is on the side :) Thank you.

___________________

I woke up, all on my own. No alarm, no beeping, no noise, nothing. It didn't take me very long to adjust my eyesight to the very dimly lit room I was sleeping in. The curtains were shut so I couldn't tell whether it was night or day, and of course I was too lazy to get up and open the curtains, so I just glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand next to me. It was three in the morning and a part of me was happy I still had more time to sleep due to how drowsy I still was, but another part felt disappointed because I knew that even if I tried, I wouldn't be able to go to sleep again. It was hard enough the first time.

My date with Niall was only one day away, and I made it more than obvious that I was extremely nervous. I didn't usually wake up at this time of night and my sleep had never been interrupted unless I had a lot going on in my mind -- which I did. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop my mind from picturing how the date would go. I, myself didn't know where the date was to be taking place so I just imagined it to be in some sort of fancy hotel where Niall and I would be sitting behind a round table, across from each other, each of us with a small plate and some delicious desert in front of me and him.

Some of the thoughts that started going through my head at that instant were:

'Oh my god, what if he pays more attention to the food than me?'

'What if he laughs when I tell him I like him, and thinks of the whole think as a total joke?'

'What if he does a spit take once I tell him how I feel?'

'Or worse! What if he rejects me and insults me on live television?!'

Okay, the last one was a bit exaggerated; Niall was a nice guy and was known for his respect towards the general female population, but you know what they say, hope for the best and expect the worst—and that was the worst thing that could happen and were to totally make my list of worst rejections in 2010. Yeah, I got rejected a lot, but getting rejected by Niall wouldn't be the same.

Trying to get my mind off of those negative thoughts, I began imagining how a perfect date with Niall would go like.

I'd descend down the stairs and into a huge, fancy hall where the date would be taking place. He'd smile and take my free hand that's not holding my dress up as I continue to walk down the stairs and off the last step. He'd lead me to my seat, pull my chair back and wait for me to sit down before walking to his own seat. I'd tell him how I feel and he'd tell me he feels the same way before we both leave the hall and go outside where we'd slow dance under the moonlight, smiling we gaze intently into each other's eyes. So with that image in my head, I fell back to sleep with a smile on my face.

~*~

At this point I was pretty sure that alarms weren't exactly my favorite gadgets in the world. I didn't wake up again after I did at three in the morning, but I still needed some more sleep, though I knew perfectly well that I just couldn't get enough of that.

Lifting my head off from the comfy, white pillow, I pushed my messy hair away from my face and reached out for the alarm. I narrowed my eyes, trying to block some of the sunlight that was shining through the glass windows. My mom must have been in my room since my curtains were open.

I felt all around the for the snooze button but apparently, there wasn't one. Deciding to just wake up, I pressed dismiss and pulled the covers away from my body, making me instantly feel cold. Nothing worse than waking up in the morning and having to get out from underneath the warm covers, except maybe getting rejected by Niall.