26-Fimiliar

Jade's POV

My alarm went off right next to me ear.

I was still very drowsy. The sleeping pills the doctor gave me haven't been working.

I'm still having nightmares but they're getting worse.

They're all different but they involve Amparo or my mom.

I shook of the feeling of fear from my night mare and rubbed my eyes.

I forced myself to get out of bed.

Its been about two weeks since I quit working with Jax.

Katie and my dad are still confused on why I quit but my dad was understanding.

But on the bright side, no more stitches for me. They were bugging me so much.

By now I'm guessing Jax has found a new assistant and a new body guard and I'm guessing they're two different people this time.

I doubt he made the same mistake twice.

I haven't heard anything from him. No press conferences, no public appearances, and he hasn't had an attempt on his life.

It honestly feels like he's disappeared. No word from Jessica either. The only thing I've seen from her was that she spoke publicly on behalf of Jax saying that he was working on a project.

It did worry me at first but I got over it. People like Jax disappear for months on end. There's no reason for me to worry about him.

He was just my boss. Nothing more, nothing less.

Keep telling yourself that. A little voice in the back of my head spoke.

It took me by surprise but I shook it off.

I started to get dressed. I put on a white loose t-shirt with a cardigan and ripped jeans with a brown belt and some black ankle boots.

Maybe I can get a couple job applications today.

I grabbed my keys and wallet and left my apartment.

I went into town for a while. I got an application from a company. Not as big as Jax's but still very successful.

I got hungry so I went to the closest café. It was the one where I met Jax in.

The windows were brand new and a bit tinted. I'm guessing they had bullet proof glass installed.

I walked in a ordered my usual coffee.

I sat down at a table away from the window this time. I don't want to risk losing anything else.

I drank my coffee while scrolling through my phone.

Wow, there's a new virus going around. People are being really dramatic about it too.

Oh well. I'm sure it won't last long.

I reached for another sip of my drink but someone bumped into the table and knocked over my coffee all over the table.

I stood up quickly so none of it would spill on me.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." the person quickly apologized.

I looked at the guy, he was trying to clean up the spill with the small amount of napkins he had with him.

"It's okay don't worry about it's not the first time someone spilled my coffee."

Jax crossed my mind. Ugh even when I quit my job he wont leave me alone.

He looked at me like I was joking. "Well that's no way to treat a pretty lady."