12-Getting Ready

Jade's POV

It was around 6 o' clock and the gala didn't start until 9 but Jax did say I had to be at his house at 8 for some odd reason.

Nick had just dropped off the dress for me. I set it down on my bed

it was absolutly gorgous.

I got to say, Nicks sister has good taste.

It was a red vevlet dress with a slit for the leg that went up to the thigh.

The slit was perfect for me to put my gun.

The slit is on the right leg so I'll just put my gun on my left thigh.

I'm really hoping i won't be uncomfortable all night.

I was about to change until I heard a knock at my door.

"Who can that be? Pizza!? No. I didn't order any sadly."

I walked over to my door and looked through the peep hole.

It was Katie.

She was carrying a bag.

Not like the bags she had when she brought candy but like this was the kind of bag you would wear if you were going to an important event.

But her clothes looked pretty casual.

I opened the door and invited her in.

I closed the door behind me as soon as she entered.

"What are you doing here? You know I have to go to the gala today."

"I know, thats why I brought 'Katie's bag of getting ready needs.'" She smiled and set your bag down on the couch.

"Well thats a cheesy name." I said.

She rolled her eyes at me and ignored my comment.

"I'm going to do your makeup for the gala."

"I don't need makeup Kate." I shortened her name.

"Sit down." She commanded.

"Rude." I sat down on the couch anyways.

"Look this gala is your chance for you to get that CEO." She started rummaging through her bag

"What are you talking about?"

She took out a bottle of foundation and put some on the back on her hand

"You need to steal Jax from Jessica."

She went to put foundation on my face but I swatted her hand away and gave her a stare.

"Steal Jax from Jessica!?" I repeated her words. "You've offically gone crazy Katie!"

"You don't understand this but you are the better choice."

"That doesn't have to do with anything! the point is she loves him and he loves her."

"Oh come on Jade. He likes you! And you like him. You're both too stubborn to admit it." She applied the foundation to my face. "What color is your dress?"

"That is not true."

"It is true. You saved his life. He repays you with so many gifts and a job. No one would do that unless there are feelings involved. Now, what color is your dress?"

"It's red." I finallly answered her question. "I do agree I did find it weird at first and I still kind of do but maybe he was just being nice."

"No one is that nice."