𝟏𝟎 • white noise

┏━━♞♜♠♚♥♛♠♜♞━━┓
CHAPTER TEN:
"WHITE NOISE"
┗━━♞♜♠♚♥♛♠♜♞━━┛

ALÍZ'S MENTAL STATE HAS not been so great as of late. The only other time in her life she's had to endure a crumbling state of mind such as this was when her father was still living with them.

She can remember it all as if it were yesterday: getting home from school, being met with yelling, with stinging slaps to the face, and not being able to do anything about it. Alíz blinks quickly—she doesn't want to remember anymore.

The door to the dimly lit room suddenly opens and out peeks Tabitha. The blonde girl smiles lightly at Tabitha's presence, "Hey, Tabby."

"Why's your room always so dark," Tabitha asks as she enters the room, turns on the lights, and opens the drapes. Alíz squints at the sudden bursts of light in her room, "It's my way of saying 'Do Not Disturb' since we don't have signs." She says as she tries her best to adjust her eyes to the change of light. Tabitha walks over to Alíz and extends a hand to her, "C'mon we have to get you out of here." The girl frowns at her hand and shakes her head, "I don't want to go out there."

Tabitha rolls her eyes, "Why? Your boyfriend's out there. You should join him." Alíz laughs at Tabitha, "Jerome isn't my boyfriend."

"Get your ass out of bed," Tabitha says as she motions for the door. Alíz leaves her bed and reluctantly stomps out of the room.

Alíz huffs as she walks towards one of the only living rooms she knows of in the huge building. When she saw almost all of the psychopaths in one room, she immediately regretted getting out of bed. Alíz turned around to look for Tabitha, but she was nowhere to be found.

Damn it.

Great. I'm stuck babysitting the psychos, she thinks. The girl stepped towards Jerome as all of them were picking things out of a big wooden chest. She quietly looks over his shoulder, "What's all this?"

"Just a few toys Galavan gave us, wanna try one," he asks as he pulls out a long katana by the sheath, "Ooh, shiny." Alíz smiles and sees a certain weapon that catches her eye. It was just a simple pair of throwing knives. Alíz bent down and slowly grabbed them, holding them carefully. This weapon was the only thing that felt remotely safe to her—a refreshing blast from the past. Alíz felt the brief time she and Daiyu had shared rushing back to her.

As she thought about the woman, her heart felt warmth, she almost teared up at the thought of wanting to see her again. The girl wanted to get caught up in the memories for a bit longer when reality interrupted. A short, burly man who Alíz didn't care to learn the name of stood up and took the katana by the handle, and unsheathed it himself. The startling noise of it being drawn was enough to snap the girl out of her daze; she stood up quickly, knives in hand.

Jerome and the man began to get into a verbal argument. Alíz grew frustrated at the two whiny men, and she didn't know what to do. If he kills Jerome, I'll have less of a moral dilemma to deal with, Alíz thought as she stood by and decided to see how this situation panned out. The girl walks over and sits on the floor a few spaces away from the two. She crossed her legs and placed her chin in her hand; Jerome pulls a chainsaw from the chest and revs it up dramatically.