𝟎𝟕 • just friends

┏━━♞♜♠♚♥♛♠♜♞━━┓
CHAPTER SEVEN:
"JUST FRIENDS"
┗━━♞♜♠♚♥♛♠♜♞━━┛

ALÍZ WAS CURRENTLY OFF doing whatever she could while the GCPD was preoccupied with bigger problems such as the mayor's disappearance. News spread of Anna Kingman's so-called escape; now, everyone in Gotham was on the lookout for her.

Although Alíz's every move was being monitored, she decided to follow up on the huge skyscraper in which she saw Barbara Kean only a few days ago. It was called Galavan Tower, odd, she thought and looked it up to its ending point in the clouds. The girl decided not to tell anyone about her suspicion because Alíz felt that what she did wasn't exactly legal, and she wasn't even completely sure that all the escapees were in that tower.

The girl had retraced her steps from the other night and climbed up the same fire escape stairs that were against the tower. When she reached Barbara's room, Alíz quietly climbed inside and looked around to make sure Barbara wasn't there. The girl then carefully and slowly opened the door—slipping into the hallway.

She looked south and then north of the hallway because she wanted to see which part had the most doors. Whichever part of the hall had the most doors meant it had the most rooms, this would make it easier to find Jerome's room—if he was even there. Alíz started walking north of the hallway and cautiously peeked into the doors of every room.

The room next to Barbara's was beyond messy which was very unlike Jerome. The next room was covered in wrappers of various junk food brands. The room after that had a small but disturbing man sitting crisscrossed and facing the bed's head post. Alíz only closed the door on that last one and truly hoped the next room would be Jerome's.

She quietly exhaled a breath of air and opened the next door. A smile crept on her face when she saw the room, it had a red theme. Alíz knew for a fact that Jerome's signature color was red. Alíz walked into the room and closed the door; she heard the water running from a bathroom and figured Jerome must be showering. The girl looked around the semi-tidy room while she waited.

Sometime later, Alíz heard the water stop. Alíz's eyes widened for a moment then she began to sink into her character. Please let this be Jerome, please let this be Jerome. She put on a smile and walked over to the bed in the middle of the room. She crosses her arms as she watches Jerome enter the room. When he looks up, surprise washes over his face, "Anna?" He whispers as he slowly walks over to her. "The one and only," Alíz says confidently as she walks towards him, Jerome only smiles and pulls her into a hug. The blonde was slightly taken aback, but she hugs him anyway.

"What are you doing here? How did you find me," were the questions that he asked as soon as he pulled away. Alíz began to answer them, vaguely, "I just couldn't leave you to fend for yourself, now could I! And the way I found was just pure luck and a lot of hope," the girl said as she then became very aware of the fact that Jerome was wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.

Jerome caught her staring, making him slightly smirk which only caused Alíz's face heat up in embarrassment. "My eyes are up here, Anna," Jerome remarked, snapping his fingers at Alíz.

Alíz rolled her eyes and threw him a random robe she found. He caught it and frowned a bit when Alíz turned around to let him put it on. He did so and pulled Alíz into a hug from behind earning a soft chuckle from her. "Jesus Christ, I didn't know you were so clingy," Alíz jokes as she leaned her head upwards to look at him. Jerome only smiles softly.