Chapter 11- Creatures of the Obscurum Jungle (Part 2)

Previous Chapter

"Kalevi, Cyrus, did you find the girl?" Rayna's heart stopped as she heard the voice that spoke. Her heartbreaking all over again as the horse's steps came closer, and then came to a complete stop.

Theo.

Part 2

She wanted to look up so badly, but she knew she couldn't. She just wanted a glimpse. But all she saw was the hooves of the horse he rode on. She bowed her head further and spoke. "Gely uim les lou uavr sounq uer mnd lou jily gakr ze oacx go jherr V pamr sroz." (Tell him yes you have found her and you will take me back to where I came from). She wasn't sure if she spoke too fast for Cyrus to understand what she was saying, Aequsie, but she had to hope he caught her words.

Both men were stunned and kept quiet as everyone just looked to them. Cyrus finally got his wits together and spoke, "Yes, this is her, Theo. King Silas was kind enough to find her for us. He was looking for us when we rode up."

Theo smiled at King Silas; as he dismounted from his horse to shake the King's hand, "Why, thank you, King Silas. You don't know what your assistance means to us. Poor Lady Catherina was worried sick for her servant's safe return." Prince Coilleach hid his laugh at the word servant with a cough. And Rayna tried to hide her scoff at the word with a cough too.

King Silas was much more poised than the two young royals, "It was our pleasure, Theo. Take care of this young girl." Rayna could hear the smile in his voice, "We have become fond of her."

Cyrus got down from his horse and took Rayna by the hand to help her stand up, shielding her from the prince. He whispered. "V xnoj lou jang go, out Rayna qo aot yoox nt uim nt nll." (I know you want to, but Rayna do not look at him at all.)

The sky began to softly cry, letting down the rain gently as Rayna nodded her head in understanding a single tear sliding down her own face. She was trying to control her emotions, but she couldn't hold it in knowing what she knows now. Being near someone, she longed to see.

All who were in the presence of these two felt the mood change as the rain came softly down. Every person and creature had learned of the engagement between the two royals, and some were lucky enough to witness the friendship grow as children, and they all knew one day that that friendship would have turned into true love. It's why no one ever objected to their future together; because it was inevitable.

The King of the Obscurum Jungle felt the young queen's sorrow as she walked past Prince Theo. He did not need to be an anmio to know the pain she was feeling. If only he knew it was her standing there right before him. He would have never let her go. But it was for the best that only she knew because she was strong enough to leave, ready to continue to the end game.

The king engaged Theo in small talk to distract him as Cyrus walked Rayna passed him. Rayna breathed in deep as she walked past Theo, breathing in his scent. It made her heart hurt even more as she began to remember everything they had done together in the past. She turned her head over so slightly in his direction, catching a glimpse of his hand. He turned his head toward her, just catching the piece of hair that fell out of her hood. He grew curious, only seeing that color on two other people, but the King grabbed his attention again.

At that moment, as Rayna was being put on the horse, she took a little peek at him again, but this time getting the full view of him. He was just as she remembered, but older, of course. His hair was still the crazy, curly auburn brown it had always been, but it was shorter and slicked back from his helmet and the rain. His facial features were more defined; his jawline and cheekbones sharper all the baby fat has gone from his face. But his eyes... those beautiful green eyes were just the same. They had not changed one bit; what she wouldn't give to look into those eyes once again.