( 𝟎𝟏𝟕 ) an unwanted hike

Start from the beginning

Allison nodded, "I heard something." She told Lexi, like this was just a casual conversation they were having. "I want to find out what that something is." She said, treating the two girls like they were stupid..

"What if that nothing is something and that something is something dangerous?" Lydia asked, rambling as she was just as scared as Lexi was.

"Shoot it."

——

It was official, Lexi had started to like Allison less and less the last couple of weeks, ever since she started research in her family's backstory, with the whole beast thing, the girl had changed, and had started treating Lydia and Lexi like they were below the girl, and Lexi didn't like it one bit. After the whole woods thing, with Allison leaving the twins alone after telling them to shoot if something came out at them, Lexi had just about had enough of the girl..
The next day, Lexi was surprised when Stiles had shown up at her door, looking sad and like he needed someone to talk to. Obviously, the girl let him in instantly, taking him up to her room to talk, with her mother not even questioning the fact she was dragging some boy up to her room.. It didn't surprise her, the woman barely showed any interest in hers and Lydia's life lately, at least, not since their dad left..

"I took advantage of my dad last night. I got him drunk to get information out of him on Derek's case, and I feel terrible about it." Stiles admitted to Lexi, as he paced her room and the girl sat down on her bed, watching him pace with furrowed brows. "Then he started talking about my mom, and I just.. I couldn't do it anymore." He told her.

Lexi looked up at Stiles in sympathy, she knew about his mom, hell, anyone who knew of Stiles, knew what happened to his mom, and everyone sympathised with him for it, even Lexi's mom. What happened was terrible, and Lexi couldn't imagine having to go through that with her mom at such a young age. Stiles hadn't personally told her about his mom, but he knew that she knew about it, everyone did.
Lexi didn't know what information he was trying to get out of his dad, but she knew that it probably had something to do with Scott, and helping him out. Even if she hadn't known Scott and Stiles for long, she could already tell that this boy did everything for his friends, and it just made her like him even more than she already did.
"Come here." Lexi mumbled, sensing that Stiles was on the verge of tears, she stood up, and held out her arms for him to hug her, as it looked like he needed it.

Stiles instantly took her offer, wrapping his arms around the petite girl and leaning his head down on her shoulder, basking in on the comfort that was Lexi Martin. If someone had told him at the beginning of the year that he would be not only talking to Lexi Martin, but the girl would actually want to talk to him. He had been pawning over this girl for so long, that it still didn't seem real that she even wanted to talk to him - he was afraid that he would wake up any minute and this would all be some horrible dream that he had woken up from. He just couldn't believe this was real life. "He's gonna hate me." Stiles mumbled.

"He's not going to hate you." Lexi told him, knowing that Noah loved Stiles with all of his heart, and the last thing that he would ever do, was hate the boy. It made Lexi wish that her dad was like Stiles', but instead she got a dead beat one who married someone else and left his two kids behind without another care in the world.

Stiles didn't want to talk, all he wanted to do was hold Lexi and wish that the moment would never end - he was afraid that if he let go, she would disappear, and he would never see her again. Just like his mother.
The two's hug was interrupted when Stiles' phone began to ring, and Stiles sighed in annoyance, knowing that he had to cut the hug off because of it. He hesitantly pulled away from Lexi, who gave him a quick smile, as he pulled his phone out of his back pocket, answering it and holding it up to his ear, not taking his eyes off of Lexi as he did so. "Hello?" Stiles asked, hating that his phone had just rang..