( 𝟎𝟏𝟎 ) just a mountain lion

'the tell'

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A MOUNTAIN LION. THAT'S what Lexi had seen the other night. It was just a rare occurrence that the animal had somehow managed to make it that far into town from the woods, and the authorities were currently dealing with it.
She knew that's not what she saw, but the fact that she had been told over and over that she was simply imagining things, was beginning to get on her damn nerves. She wasn't crazy - and she didn't imagine things, Lexi was also sure that Jackson saw the same thing as her.

Lydia, on the other hand, didn't have the same thoughts as her twin sister, as she had been put on medication, and was talking crazy ever since they had gotten home. Lexi had been given the same medication, but she had been pretending to take it, not wanting to change the fact that she had not seen a mountain lion.
It was more like a beast..

She wanted to go to school, in fact, she had begged her mom to do so, but she had been outspoken, and had to stay home with her sister, who was currently out of her mind.
So, as of now, she was sat, bored out of her mind in her room, not knowing what she could do, or if she could even do it - she was thinking of going out and buying some food, but she had a feeling that her mom wouldn't let her.
Thinking that there was nothing else she could do, she decided that she could paint her nails, but that would require heading to her twins room, and she didn't know if she was up for doing that, yet.

But, with nothing else to do, she sighed, and made her way towards the bedroom across from the hall.
When she walked in, Lydia was lying in her bed, gazing at the wall, with a weird look on her face, like she was in a day-dream.
"Lyds?" She called, peeking her head through the door, she didn't exactly want to bother the girl, but she was bored.. When she didn't reply, Lexi opened the door all of the way, "You awake?"

When Lydia didn't reply to her, she sighed, looking towards the dresser by Lydia's bed, to see the red nail varnish she wanted to use on her nails, so, very quietly, she began to walk into the room, attempting to grab the polish.
However, when her sister heard movement at the end of net bed, she opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Lexi sneaking in. "Hey, Lex." She slurred.

Lexi smiled tightly at her sister, noticing that she was acting incredibly weird due to her medication..
"Morning. How you feeling?" She asked, deciding to take a seat on the side of the bed - she figured that she wasn't going to be able to leave without at least one protest from Lydia.

"Sleepy." She answered, yawning.
Lexi felt bad for Lydia, as, since they were kids, she had always been the one to take news in with no problems. Like when their parents would constantly argue, Lydia didn't know how to handle it. So, right now, it didn't surprise Lexi that this incident was effecting her in a different way..