JADE [32]

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

(Friday) (January)

-JADE-

"...WE'LL BE arriving in New Jersey at ten thirty am, thank you" the pilot finishes announcing and I sigh.

The plane taxis on the ground for a few minutes more before we're taken off into the air. I lay my head on Kevin's shoulder and release another sigh. I'm really going back to New Jersey. On a private jet!

"You're okay?" Kevin whispers in my ear. I nod. He leans down and pecks my lips.

"Does Ramiah know how to fly a plane too?"

Kevin chuckles "Possibly. The man knows how to do almost anything"

"I would've never guessed that he was this wealthy. He's so selfless. And not arrogant at all. I thought the man worked for you at first" I look up at Kevin.

He chuckles again. "I said the same thing when I first met him. The man just remembers where he came from. And besides, he's a real Christian man"

My mouth slightly part and I gasp. "What?! Is that why he refuses to have sex with Kiana?"

"Whoah babe! We don't discuss our sex lives like that"

"Oh," I quickly look down in embarrassment. Oops, I'm sorry Kiana.

"I thought they were already tearing up the sheets. I didn't know he wasn't fucking her seven ways to Sunday"

I elbow him. "Babe! Don't say it like that" I scold him.

He laughs. "What? I really thought they were"

"Well, they're not" I try to whisper, my eyes scanning over the luxurious plane to see if there's any listening ear. Precisely Kiana's listening ears.

She's cuddled up with Ramiah a good ten feet away from us. They're deeply engaged in a conversation and the last thing they seemed to be worried about is me and Kevin.

"Do you think it has something to do with his religion?" I look up at Kevin again.

He shakes his head "I'm not sure. It's either that or he just really cares about more than just sex with her. He looks very smitten for someone who hasn't gotten a taste of her honeypot yet. Just saying"

I lightly nip at his pec. "You were smitten with me way before you got a taste of my honeypot" I stab his stomach with my index.

He captures my hand into his and kisses my fingers "Exactly. You were more than just sex to me. I could've gone years without having sex with you and I would've still been happy"

"Aw, babe" I cup his face with one hand and bring his head down so that I can kiss him. He welcomes my kiss on the manner that he always does, hungrily.

Who would've thought that Jade Bailey Waters, daughter of an alcoholic mother and a rapist father, would be traveling in a private jet? Who would've thought that Jade, the girl who grew up in the slums, who'd been homeless many times in her life, the girl who's name means struggle, would be traveling side by side with millionaires? Who would've thought?

The flight attendant serves us a beautiful, mouth-watering breakfast and Kevin is the one to thank her. My heart is so full of joy that I feel as if it's going to burst.

I pick one green grape off the tray and throw it in my mouth. I close my eyes to savor the taste. To revel in the aesthetic of the place. To enjoy the feeling of feeling like royalty. To remember where I come from and where I am now. I close my eyes to welcome the return of Jade.