JADE [16]

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

(Friday) (January)

-BLUE-

"IT'S BRANDON" I turn to mouth to the girls after looking through the peephole. They surprise me when they just get up from the couch and sprint towards Lehi's bedroom. They slowly push her door open and usher in one after another, closing and locking the door behind them.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. What the hell? Did they just...

I shake my head in disbelief and turn to unlock the door for the man standing behind it. Brandon steps through the opened door and I close it behind him.

"Hi" he greets when I turn to look at him. He's dressed almost exactly the same way as Kevin did yesterday morning. Except he has on a Nike visor and black tights underneath his shorts.

He looks good, great even, but he doesn't make me pant. He doesn't make me lose my breath. He doesn't make that spot in between my legs throb in need.

"Hi" I look up at him with a small smile. Then I back up against the wall to put some distance between us. His eyes follow the movement and he frowns.

Here it goes.

"How've you been?" He shoves his hands into his pockets and rock back on his heels. I look down at his tennis shoes, which are thankfully different from the ones Kevin wore, and fidget with the bottom of my shirt.

"I've been good. How about you?" I scratch the back of my neck and look up at him again.

"I've been better" he breathes out. "I thought you were sick"

I shake my head "Why would you think that?" 

"Because you called off for two days. Back to back. You've never done that before. I thought something was wrong with Lehi or—"

"Lehi's fine" I interject sharply. One of his brows quirk up and I release a deep breath. "Sorry. I told you why I called off, Brandon. I had some things to take care of"

Like going to the fair with my baby daddy. Going out to eat with him and getting some bomb head while I looked down at the city. Yes indeed, I had plenty of things to take care of.

"With your long time friend?" His eyes turn dark when he looks at me.

I raise a questioning brow. Who the hell does he think he is?

"As a matter of fact, yes. Yes it was. Problem?" I cross my arms over my chest and look daringly at him.

"Of course it's a problem. He shows up here for three days and already I feel like I'm losing you"

He takes a close step to me and I push further into the wall. "Brandon"

"Can you be honest with me?"

"About what?"

"About him?"

"What about him?"

"Is he really just a friend? Cause you and I both know that's not true. Not with the way he looked like he wanted to kill me" his eyebrows contract and his jaw clenches.

I close my eyes and release another deep breath. This is not what I want to do today. Telling Heather and Kiana is enough. Brandon was not part of the list. At least not today.

"Who is he?" He asks again.

I open my eyes "He's Lehi's dad" I blurt out.

Silence.