Chapter 1: Dive into the Heart

(Station of Awakening)

???: I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like is any of this real or not?

Devon, a fifteen year-old teen boy floated in empty darkness, not knowing what was happening to him.

Devon had slightly tan skin, short dark brown hair and blue eyes. His hair is brushed down, ending at the top of his neck, and is somewhat parted with his bangs swept left across his forehead.

He wore an open black zipper vest over a black T-shirt underneath, dark blue jeans, a pair of black wristbands, and black military boots with straps on them. Devon's vest sports a blue Kingdom Hearts symbol on the back. And he wears a signature silver chain necklace with a clear blue crystal Kingdom Hearts sigil.

As he opened his eyes, Devon noticed he was floating in mid-air descending toward a glass-stained platform which had Princess Aurora portrayed on it. As Devon slowly descended and landed on the platform, he took his time and looked around his surroundings. Apart from the platform that seemed to glow with an unknown source of light, everywhere that Devon looked he could see nothing but complete darkness. It was then that Devon began hearing a voice speaking to him that made him jump a little bit to his surprise as it came from every direction, but seemed to make him feel calm and relaxed.

???: So much to do. So little time. Take your time. Don't be afraid. The door is still shut. Step forward.

Devon followed the voice's instructions and stepped forward toward the center of the platform. As soon as Devon reached the center of the platform, a short stone pedestal slowly rose from the ground and appeared to his left with a red shield with a mickey mouse sigil imprinted in it's center as it floated in mid-air above the pedestal.

???: Power sleeps within you.

Another short pedestal rose from the platform to Devon's right with a staff that had a blue head similar to what the shield had floating in mid-air.

???: If you give it form...

A third final pedestal rose from the platform infront of Devon bearing a sword with a golden handle and the same sigil as the shield on the handle of the sword.

???: It will give you strength. Choose wisely.

Devon looked toward the Sword, the Shield, and the Staff and took his time to choose. He walked over to the sword and picked it up holding it in his hands. As he did, the voice spoke to him.

???: Power of the Warrior. Invincible courage. A sword of Great Power. Is this the power you seek?

Devon: Yes.

The sword vanished in his hands in a flash of light that gave off a small blue ripple as it disappeared from sight as the voice spoke.

???: Your path is set.

Devon turns and looks toward the Shield and the Staff.

???: Now, what will you give up in exchange?

Devon walks over toward the Shield and picks it up.

???: The Power of the Guardian. Kindness to aid friends. A shield to repel all. You wish to give up this power?