·Chapter Nine·

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES

A couple of months later

"Bae, you good?" Keisha asked.

Rico laid his head on her bare thigh as they cuddled up on the couch. A random movie played in the background while Keisha ran her fingers through his unkempt curly hair. She felt a disconnection in the vibe, even though they had just been intimate moments ago.

"Baby. I heard ya girl Jaz was dancing at club Play. I wonder who is paying to see her pole built ass shaking her back." she laughed while sitting up next to him.

"What the fuck you just say?" Rico snapped his head towards her with anger all over his face. Whenever Keisha would bring up Jaz she got a terrible reaction out of him. It was like it hurt him to even hear her name.

"Aye keep her name out of your fucking mouth!" he warned with a finger in her face. "The fuck I tell you about that shit. Why are you still obsessing over that bitch? I'm with you now." Rico spat harshly. He roughly pushed his finger in her forehead.

Keisha scrunched her face up. "Damn nigga. Are you sure you're not the one obsessing over her? Yo ass has been dragging around my damn place like you lost your fucking dog or something." Keisha argued.

She stood and grabbed her shirt that was thrown on the coffee table and slipped it over her head. "And get yo ass up too. We need some money flowing in this bitch! I'm not finna be the only muthafucka working." she shouted and walked up the stairs.

Keisha left Rico sitting there with Jaz on his mind. He grabbed his phone and prepared to call her to see if what Keisha was saying is true. Rico was surprised his little shy Jaz would even be willing to receive all of that attention. Scrolling until he found her contact, Rico was caught off guard by a selfie Jaz had taken and put as the contact photo.

The way she was smiling at him through the screen took him back to the times when he used to see her happy. This was way before any of the hoes, drugs and street life. A time where it was just the two of them. As he stared at the picture of Jaz his mind took him down memory lane.

That moment was short-lived when Keisha came waltzing down the stairs in a bright yellow sundress. The way her ass was jiggling as she walked past Rico he could tell that she didn't have any panties on. Not bothering to start any more problems with her, he ignored Keisha. He was more worried about Jaz and her attendance in the strip club.

"I'm about to head out I'll see you later," she said flatly as she walked out the door.

Keisha didn't give Rico a chance to say anything to her as she handled him with attitude. This was their thing. They'd argue, then she'll leave, going god knows where, but when she'd return they would fuck and everything would be okay for a while. A toxic cycle of fucking and fighting.

It's been a couple of weeks since Rico been on the block and it made him feel like he was missing money. This new feeling of lowness was foreign to Rico. Now that Jaz was gone, It was like his better self was imploding without his control. You could tell by his appearance. Letting his beard grow along with his flourishing curls was unlike Rico. He was always the pretty boy type and he kept his appearance in check. Damn. I need to slide to the barbershop. My shit bout nappy as fuck. He thought as he rubbed his hand over his used to be waves.

He sent Cj a text letting him know to meet him at the barbershop. After showering and getting dressed Rico grabbed his keys and emerged from the apartment. When he opened the door he saw Tisha sitting on the porch smoking a black and mild. When they locked eyes she stood up. What the fuck is this raggedy bitch doing here?