♦️ Chapter 43 || Promise ♦️

ابدأ من البداية

Jake gives me a sad smile as he pats my head. He was about to say something when Doug shouts, "Hey Nicole! Want to do another round?"

"Yes please!" I cheer and run into the ring.

*Jake's POV*

I watch Nicole run into the ring. Her mind was all over the place. She was blaming herself for things that weren't her fault.

Her mom is just an all-around b*tch who I've hated since the first time I met her.

At first, I just thought she was a closed-off kind of mother who is low profile but no she full-on raging b*tch that flat out neglects Nicole!

I punched the heavy bag harder.

How could that woman treat Nicole that way?

She is a little angel, and that woman tries to shatter every piece of light in her by breaking her and hiding her in the dark.

I sigh as I go grab some water. I take a small sip before squirting it on my face to cool me down. I put the bottle down and shake my head letting the water fall from my hair and face.

I groan in frustration. It makes so much sense now. Her mom never let her do anything... that's why she is the way she is. She never went out... She was never allowed to do anything.

She was always so scared when I first met her because her mom made her believe she was nothing... and Nicole can't even see how awful her mom is to her.

I laugh and shake my head, she always sees the best in everyone.

She has grown so much since I first met her, i couldn't be prouder.

I've helped her and in return, she's helped me.

I smile as I watch Nicole fight, sending a hard right into Doug's gut.

That's my girl.

*Nicole's POV*

We arrive back home from a much-needed workout. I can 100% say I feel a zillion times better.

Honestly, my mom was probably just sick of traveling. That's why she was so standoff-ish.

Yeah, that's it.

I jog into my room and hop into the shower.

I'm going to miss it here. This house has really grown on me.

Ugh, I don't want to leave.

I groan, just as my life was going so well too.

I wash my hair before jumping out of the shower.

I wrap a towel around me and walk into my room.

I go through my draws and pull out a pair of jeans and a yellow tee shirt.

I change into my clothes and throw my hair in a messy bun before walking into the clothes for my suitcase and sigh as I lug it onto the bed.

I slowly unzip the suitcase, procrastinating as much as I can.

Once it was fully opened, I forced myself into the closet and grabbed a hand full of clothes.

I threw them into the bed carelessly and began taking each of them off their hangers and folding them neatly.

Suddenly there was a slight knock coming from my door.

I look over to find Jake leaning in the doorway, his head propped up by his arm, "Need some help?" He asks softly.