(31) - Second Date

Start from the beginning

"I won't. I promise." He pressed a loving kiss on my forhead. I had butterflies at his gesture. I just hope he keep his promise.

"Crap! The eggs!" I jumped out of his hold, tending to the smokey eggs.

~

"Issac, stay close." I tell him, grabbing his hand. Marcello glances down at our connected hands, sharing a knowing grin. I raise my brows at his grin but he shrugs it off, the toy car in his possession as he signaled towards the flickering light.

It turned red, displaying the white walking man on its screen indicating it was time for us to walk.

Marcello stood close as pedestrians filled the narrow streets, each on the phone, or walking with sense of direction.

Issac obeyed, gripping my hand as well as Marcello's. Issac was too excited, explaining we wouldn't get lost if we hold hands on the way over here.

I laughed at his logic and at every chance to be close to Marcello. Issac hummed with each step he took, causal skipping whenever he step on the white lines of the street floor.

We had reached the end of the street, entering the out view of Central Park. When Issac woke up this morning, he was confused, more excited to see Marcello standing next to me as I finished with the eggs. He rejoiced with happiness to find out we were going out today. More so the Central Park.

It was the biggest park in the entire country, the perfect place for a date and the perfect place for Issac. He loved Central Park as much as I did. The Park was beautiful, everything seemed like it was straight from the movies.

There was fountains, bridges and beautiful bushes and trees shaping the perfect urban lifestyle and most of all the people that scurried throughout the park as they did conversed and spent the time.

My favorite part was it give Issac the time to play around. He could run for hours with the grass below his feet and the gentle breeze blowing to have no sense but to be himself. To be the four year old that roamed around happily with the genuine laughter as his mother brought his favorite sandwiches to eat after a good day.

"Where do you want to go?" Marcello asked, breaking my gaze at the wonderful park, his hand holding onto Issac's.

"The shade? Maybe," I pointed to the trees, laying a quarter of a block away. It was a bit of a walk but Marcello assured me it was okay. After all, he was the one carrying Issac's car.

Once we finally arrive, I grinned. Content with myself for the picking a good spot. We were under the shade, the maple tree right behind us. There was a small brezze and a few other benches on the other side. There was a huge spot of grass right next to us, perfect for Issac to ride his car.

I laid down the blanket on the grass and condiments of food, placing it with the other stuff I brought.

Issac, however was grinning, eagerly wanting to ride his toy car. "You want to ride it now?" He asked Issac screamed a yes. Issac couldn't ride it in the apartment and for the first time he could do it here without me worrying he would break a vase or hurt himself.

"Okay," Marcello opened the door, carrying Issac's body before he placed him into the seat. We brought the toy car my parnets gave him, the white range rover. The car wasn't powered on and to Issac's utter disappointment he was sad the car didn't work when he pressed on the gas.

Marcello laughed, "You didn't want to wait for mommy?"

I laughed too, joining in his teasing. I grabbed my phone, wanting to take pictures. "Yeah, you didn't wait for me." I pulled up my video camera, wanting to to document this moment. "You wanted to leave me?"